Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Libraries are missing but they aren't?(Unresolved inclusion: <every library header>)
Libraries are missing but they aren't? [message #1834530] Wed, 11 November 2020 20:54 Go to next message
LMs KRT is currently offline LMs KRTFriend
My eclipse+mingw are refusing to compile my code, stating that every library is missing and syntax is wrong because of it. However the truth is that I think I linked everything right (left to the code we can see iostream- this is the included tab in project manager), but it isn't working. What's wrong? Codeblocks 17.12 i had earlier is running just fine, compiling everything like it used to.
Please help, I think I have tried everything imaginable at this point to make it work.
  • Attachment: 123.png
    (Size: 96.70KB, Downloaded 59 times)
Re: Libraries are missing but they aren't? [message #1834538 is a reply to message #1834530] Thu, 12 November 2020 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Eclipse/CDT and the compiler are separate entities.
Eclipse/CDT does have a parser to aid indexing.

The errors you are getting are from the parser in CDT.
They are caused by it not knowing where the header files are.

Telling it where they are can be complicated to briefly explain.
This article might help:
https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2013/october/article4.php

[Updated on: Thu, 12 November 2020 04:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Libraries are missing but they aren't? [message #1836645 is a reply to message #1834538] Mon, 11 January 2021 05:44 Go to previous message
LMs KRT is currently offline LMs KRTFriend
so i forgot to comment but to get my eclipse working with mingw i needed to download mingw-get from their site an explicitly check to install msys and put msys in path an that got everything working. thanks for the help, i manage to figure it out eventually.
Previous Topic:Display/re-display issues with Eclipse
Next Topic:How do I disable CMake in a project?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 04:17:58 GMT 2024