Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Neon and publishing(Why is publishing so unstable)
Eclipse Neon and publishing [message #1834136] Tue, 03 November 2020 15:24 Go to next message
Chris Tully is currently offline Chris TullyFriend
I use Eclipse Neon at work because we are supporting a legacy project and newer versions of Eclipse cause more problems than they solve. So telling me to upgrade is a non-starter.

When I go to Publish my latest code to my localhost, occasionally (~10% of the time) I right-click on eth server and choose Publish and it happens in a few seconds. This is what I expect.

Most of the time, I get an error message saying that publishing failed because Eclipse could not access one or more files (usually pom files or other xml files). When I see that message, I have learned that the definition of insanity (Doing the same thing over again, but expecting a different result) applies here. If I just right-click on the server and choose Publish again, I usually get another failure with a different list of inaccessible files. This process usually repeats 4-6 times before finally reporting a successful Publish.

Why?!?!
Re: Eclipse Neon and publishing [message #1834157 is a reply to message #1834136] Wed, 04 November 2020 04:34 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm not sure which technology is supporting a Publish action. Something in Web Tools? In that case, it's probably better to ask here:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.webtools

But given you can't update to a version that might have fixed the problem, there's not much you can do to change the installation itself to fix the problem...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse worked for years until today
Next Topic:Symbol red-x
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:06:16 GMT 2024