Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Table built-in checkable column vs. export form data
Table built-in checkable column vs. export form data [message #1834061] Sat, 31 October 2020 20:16 Go to next message
Krzysztof Leja is currently offline Krzysztof LejaFriend
Hi,
In my Scout 9 application I use hierarchical table with checkable column (built-in = getConfiguredCheckable() -> true - not my own column).

How to read only selected columns in the server module, after receiving data from a form with such a table?
Re: Table built-in checkable column vs. export form data [message #1834123 is a reply to message #1834061] Tue, 03 November 2020 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beat Schwarzentrub is currently offline Beat SchwarzentrubFriend
Hi Krzysztof

You can define your own BooleanColumn in the table, which will then be added to the FormData (and is thus sent to the server). By overriding getConfiguredCheckableColumn() in your table, you can mark this column as the checkable column (no automatic UI-only column will be added). Would that help?

JavaDoc of getConfiguredCheckableColumn():

Configures the checkable column. The checkable column represents the check state of the row, i.e. if it is checkedor not. If no checkable column is configured, only the row itself represents if the row was checked or not.
Subclasses can override this method. Default is null.
Returns: A column class extending AbstractBooleanColumn that represents the row check state.

Regards,
Beat
Re: Table built-in checkable column vs. export form data [message #1835259 is a reply to message #1834123] Sat, 28 November 2020 09:43 Go to previous message
Krzysztof Leja is currently offline Krzysztof LejaFriend
Hi,
The idea of using getConfiguredCheckableColumn() did the job.
But I can see one significant visual difference.
The native checkable column is always displayed first, BEFORE the expanding hierarchy tree icons column. This is good solution.
However, using getConfiguredCheckableColumn() causes my own BooleanColumn display AFTER these icons, which is not good.
My other text column, where I would like the tree expand icons to be displayed, go to the right and no longer have these icons.

Can it be changed somehow?
Previous Topic:Cannot build project
Next Topic:SQL vs. bean data column in table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:42:15 GMT 2024