Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Fail to see the diagrams in a different machine
Fail to see the diagrams in a different machine [message #1833908] Tue, 27 October 2020 15:01 Go to next message
RAMAN RKVS is currently offline RAMAN RKVSFriend
Hi,

I have created a Sirius model project based on my odesign and saved it.

If I copy and open the same project on a different machine, I cannot see any representations. I can create new representations but the layout is all very different from the one on the previous machine.

How can I preserve the layout and representation from one machine to another?

Thanks
Re: Fail to see the diagrams in a different machine [message #1833909 is a reply to message #1833908] Tue, 27 October 2020 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi.

This is not the normal behavior.

* Do you use exactly the same version of Sirius on both machines? With the same modeler and metamodel plug-ins installed?
* Do you have anything in the error log that could give us a hint of what went wrong?

Out of the blue, the only things that I can think of could explain different layouts on different machines would be:
* different fonts available: if the saved diagram uses fonts which are not available on the other machine, the fallback font used instead could have different metrics. That could explain small layout differences, but not large ones.
* some part of Sirius installed on one machine and not on the other (e.g. the experimental ELK support).

Regards,
Pierre-Charles

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Fail to see the diagrams in a different machine [message #1833912 is a reply to message #1833909] Tue, 27 October 2020 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RAMAN RKVS is currently offline RAMAN RKVSFriend
I am using Mac for both the machines and Obeo Designer 11.3

I notice that the diagrams are not visible though i see their description in the AIRD file (when i open the XML )

Re: Fail to see the diagrams in a different machine [message #1833930 is a reply to message #1833912] Wed, 28 October 2020 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Strange.

We had never heard about these kinds of issues before, but you are the second one to report something like this in the last few weeks, and both times this involves macOS.

On the Sirius or Obeo Designer side I don't think we have changed anything recently that could explain this.

Did it start happening recently? Maybe after an upgrade of your version of Java, Obeo Designer or macOS?

Which versions of macOS are installed on both machines involved? And which versions of Java are running on both?

Could you try to reproduce using Ecore Tools (pre-installed in Obeo Designer), and if you reproduce send us the whole Modeling Project for us to analyze?

Ideally, open a bugzilla issue (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Sirius) and attach:
* A sample project made using Ecore Tools on which you reproduce.
* System details about both machines involved. The best would be the contents of "Help > About > Installation Details > Configuration" on both.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Re: Fail to see the diagrams in a different machine [message #1834011 is a reply to message #1833930] Fri, 30 October 2020 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi,

I have tried to reproduce with Obeo Designer 11.3.1 CE with Ecore Tools with machines on macOs Catalina 10.15.7 without success.

As asqued by Pierre-Charles, could you send us more details ?

Regards

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Re: Fail to see the diagrams in a different machine [message #1835176 is a reply to message #1833908] Thu, 26 November 2020 10:53 Go to previous message
Felix S is currently offline Felix SFriend
Hi,

I had a similar problem, when the semantic resource is referred by an absolute path instead of a relative path. When transfering the project to another machine, the absolute path will most likely not match (especially when moving from windows to mac/linux).

Maybe this helps.

Cheers,
Felix
Previous Topic:Sirius Web installation on Windows 10
Next Topic:Cant add custom class to Services method
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:46:42 GMT 2024