Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Jakarta ee web project(How to create a jakarts web ee project and build options)
Jakarta ee web project [message #1833843] Sun, 25 October 2020 21:33 Go to next message
Jim Whitaker is currently offline Jim WhitakerFriend
I have the latest eclipse Sept 2020 ide for java ee installed, I cannot seem to find out how to create a jakarta ee 8 project in eclipse. I have tried Help then Eclipse Marketplace, searched for jakarta, but only result was Glassfish tools.

I usually program in beans, servlet, jsp code and am brand new to trying (attempting) to learn jakarta.

I can't even figure out how to start a new jakarta web project.

I am very familiar with Eclipse IDE, but I have always just created a dynamic web project and built with IDE's native build tool.

Please any help would be appreciated, I need to start learning jakarta.

And can ant build a jakarta project?

Re: Jakarta ee web project [message #1833857 is a reply to message #1833843] Mon, 26 October 2020 13:03 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

From a development point of view, Jakarta EE 8 isn't different from Java EE 8. A Dynamic Web Project should work just fine, and any Ant scripts you had before will likely not need any changing. Jakarta EE 9 is where things begin to show significant changes with the renamed packages.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Mon, 26 October 2020 13:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[SOLVED] User sees update available from shared installation, but admin user does not
Next Topic:EMF (ATL and Java Class in same project)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:06:17 GMT 2024