Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » Capella General » Difference between deploying Node PC and declaring parent
Difference between deploying Node PC and declaring parent [message #1833335] Fri, 09 October 2020 11:05 Go to next message
Åsmund Hjulstad is currently offline Åsmund HjulstadFriend
In the physical architecture, it seems I in Capella 1.4.1 is able to both deploy a PC on another PC, and declare one PC as component of another PC.

Is there a difference?
Re: Difference between deploying Node PC and declaring parent [message #1833357 is a reply to message #1833335] Sat, 10 October 2020 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane LACRAMPE is currently offline Stephane LACRAMPEFriend
Hi Asmund,
Have you looked at this pat of the Capella 1.4 webinar? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhRpOjfyPbk&t=875s
Not sure it answers completely your question though..
Stephane

Stephane LACRAMPE
Obeo Canada
Re: Difference between deploying Node PC and declaring parent [message #1833471 is a reply to message #1833357] Wed, 14 October 2020 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Åsmund Hjulstad is currently offline Åsmund HjulstadFriend
Thank you for the pointer, that explains it well and answers my question. You deploy behaviours on physical nodes, but physical nodes are part of each-other.

I am not fully onboard on the need for the strong distinction between node that have behaviour, and nodes that do not. An adjustable wall in a flotation unit, or fixed overflow channel in a dam vs control valve. A chute vs transportation screw? I guess it ends up being modelers choice, but I am not that experienced yet....
Re: Difference between deploying Node PC and declaring parent [message #1834776 is a reply to message #1833471] Tue, 17 November 2020 16:39 Go to previous message
Pascal Roques is currently offline Pascal RoquesFriend

You may have a look to this similar post: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1105080/

All models are wrong, but some are useful! (G. Box)
Previous Topic:Capturing Physical Links as a group in Physical Architecture
Next Topic:ARCADIA documents outputs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:55:45 GMT 2024