Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Workspace becoming unreadable when switching devices
Workspace becoming unreadable when switching devices [message #1832956] Wed, 30 September 2020 03:03 Go to next message
Nathan Mead is currently offline Nathan MeadFriend
I am utilizing my onedrive as I program on both my desktop and laptop and felt this would be an easy way to jump between the devices and continue working. Everything seemed fine; however, tonight when I tried to switch from desktop to laptop my workspace would not load any projects on my laptop that I had just finished working on in the desktop. I did close my desktop application prior to switching over. When I went back to my desktop it also stopped being able to load my workspace. I again ended up having to create a new workspace to fix this issue. My question is: what caused this error and how to avoid it? Is there anyway to fix my workspace without having to create a brand new one and copying all my programs over. (i did already create a new workspace but I am hoping for a quicker fix)
Re: Workspace becoming unreadable when switching devices [message #1833096 is a reply to message #1832956] Fri, 02 October 2020 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
If the workspace is accessed by a different absolute paths in each case, that's bound to cause problems because no doubt that absolute path will be recorded somewhere in the workspace so if the workspace is "moved", it's unlikely to function at that new location.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Workspace becoming unreadable when switching devices [message #1833333 is a reply to message #1833096] Fri, 09 October 2020 10:40 Go to previous message
Jibran Ahmed Sheikh is currently offline Jibran Ahmed SheikhFriend

I agree.
Previous Topic:Annoying stack trace when closing a project
Next Topic:Null analysis seems to ignore short-circuiting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:14:22 GMT 2024