Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Using Eclipse to release a project
Using Eclipse to release a project [message #1832855] Sun, 27 September 2020 18:32 Go to next message
Matthew Baynham is currently offline Matthew BaynhamFriend
This is a question of me not knowing what I'm doing (it is in the Newcomers section of the Forum) and not knowing where the tutorial is, I can't find the right thing on Google or Youtube or this forum.

I've just written some Java code in Eclipse and it works on my laptop in the Eclipse IDE.

Now I want to install what I've written on my server.

I know in other development environments you can create MSI files or you can create setup.exe files. What I don't know is what Eclipse does, I really have no idea, which has made it difficult to Google.

The code I've written connects to a MySQL database so I'm using a standard JAR file for that, that will probably need to considered when creating my thing to install on my server.

Does anyone know of a tutorial that explains all of this?

What are the right keywords for me creating my own set.exe file using Eclipse?
Re: Using Eclipse to release a project [message #1832901 is a reply to message #1832855] Tue, 29 September 2020 04:30 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Nothing in Eclipse will create an installer for installing your Java application. From the context menu you can use Export... -> Java -> Jar File (or Runnable Jar File) to create the jar(s), and then you could zip those up and unzip them on your server to run the application there.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Content Assist Help!
Next Topic:Eclipse 2020-06 failed to start after update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 17:29:54 GMT 2024