Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Autotools -> Managed project converter(How to import an autotool/automake project into a CDT managed C/C++ project(s))
Autotools -> Managed project converter [message #1832234] Sun, 13 September 2020 14:56 Go to next message
Charly Clément is currently offline Charly ClémentFriend
Dears,
Is it possible to import a typical Linux C/C++ project (having "configure, and/or " autogen" build environment scripts) into one (or more) project / or workspace of managed C/C++ project(s) ?

If not, does exists documented procedures, or scripts, .... or an eclipse plugin for doing something like that ?
Re: Autotools -> Managed project converter [message #1832237 is a reply to message #1832234] Sun, 13 September 2020 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Autotools toolset is for management of the makefiles.
A managed C/C++ project aims also to handle the makefiles.

There will be a collision on who handles the makefiles. I'd create an Autotools project for Autotools use.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Autotools -> Managed project converter [message #1833186 is a reply to message #1832237] Tue, 06 October 2020 06:43 Go to previous message
Charly Clément is currently offline Charly ClémentFriend
OK, Thanks Tauno.
I agree with.

I still have then another question about facilities offered by CDT (or eventual plugins) to work with makefiles / configure / autoxxx files.

Is it possible, in the same way it is in c/c++ files, to navigate through an autoxxx/makefile project ?
By example :
- Right-click on a make variable, then "go to definition", "show usage",...
- Right-click on a make include directive (containing make variable) , then "open selected file"
- and so on,...

Thanks in advance,
Regards

Previous Topic:Integrating Qt and JIVE with Eclipse - opinions wanted
Next Topic:Why some of my source files are greyed out
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:28:52 GMT 2024