Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Yet another enquiry on Maven builds
Yet another enquiry on Maven builds [message #1832205] Fri, 11 September 2020 17:36 Go to next message
Elie Richa is currently offline Elie RichaFriend
Hello folks,

This is about building an Acceleo generator project with Maven Tycho. I know there are many existing posts on the topic and I apologize for the duplication, but I couldn't find satisfactory answers elsewhere.

I've been using the Acceleo Maven plugin for a while and it was working reasonably well. However the latest version available is 3.6.4 and I'm encountering bugs that I don't get with newer versions (3.7.7). Since there's no newer release of the Acceleo Maven plugin, I'm looking for another solution.

The popular advice (courtesy of Ed Willink) is to obtain the *.emtl compiled files through another method, and simply package them with Maven. That works really well but I would like to avoid tracking the *.emtl in my repository. the only way I know of to produce the *.emtl files is through the Acceleo builder in Eclipse.

Is there a way to run Eclipse in headless mode and ask it to execute the Acceleo builder, or any builders configured on projects in a given workspace?

In my research I found instructions to launch Eclipse Ant builds in headless mode, however Acceleo no longer provides an Ant target for that purpose (there is a class but it's deprecated). I was hoping to find a way to launch the workbench and have it run a full build but I couldn't find something like that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Elie

Elie Richa, Ph.D
Software Engineer, AdaCore
https://www.adacore.com
Re: Yet another enquiry on Maven builds [message #1832206 is a reply to message #1832205] Fri, 11 September 2020 18:16 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

You have a solution that works. You are now looking for a cosmetic improvement.

I seem to be the only person who responds reasonably promptly to queries on this forum. Occasionally, perhaps every three months, one of the Acceleo developers responds to a batch of questions. I avoid Ant wherever possible. MWE2 is much much better. I no longer use Acceleo and certainly not with Maven, so ...

I'm afraid that you have just crossed the threshold where you become the expert, so please share your solution once you have developed it / submitted Acceleo bugzillas with patches to enable your solution to work.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Acceleo build
Next Topic:How to start in acceleo?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:07:41 GMT 2024