Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Build Error
Build Error [message #1832051] Mon, 07 September 2020 12:27 Go to next message
Luis Nothvogel is currently offline Luis NothvogelFriend
Hi all,

So I recently updated the maven_rt_plugin_config-master to the newest Version (3.12.7). Since then i cant build my Project. You can see the full Error in the File. I am getting the Could not create the npm_update.marker Error.

I also cant go back to the previous version that i used (3.1.0) cause then i get an Error 404 and it cant find the login.html despit being in the dist folder.

So what do I now? Did I need to configure something?

Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Tue, 08 September 2020 15:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Build Error [message #1832065 is a reply to message #1832051] Mon, 07 September 2020 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arthur van Dorp is currently offline Arthur van DorpFriend
Hi Luis

Mark Ashworth had the same problem here: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1105039&goto=1831824&#msg_1831824 . He compared his pom.xmls with those in the contacts project ( https://github.com/BSI-Business-Systems-Integration-AG/org.eclipse.scout.docs/tree/releases/10.0/code/contacts ) and removed some direct reference to the parent projects pom.xml. I'm not sure how his pom.xml looked before and after but it might be worth looking at.
Re: Build Error [message #1832067 is a reply to message #1832065] Mon, 07 September 2020 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
Hi Luis

(Edit: I just realized Arthur has written his answer which already covers this. I'll leave this as a more verbose form of his answer)

Could you check the ui.html module of your app, specifically, the reference to the parent POM? What exactly is written in the "parent" section - especially the path?

I'm guessing that you're referencing the parent in the relativePath using the path to the POM file (including the "pom.xml" file name) similar to this:
<parent>
    <groupId>...</groupId>
    <artifactId>...</artifactId>
    <version>...</version>
    <relativePath>../timetool/pom.xml</relativePath>
</parent>

This could lead to the path for the npm_update.marker file (from your log) being incorrectly assumed to be in a folder named "pom.xml", which will fail.
(Background: See scout rt_plugin_config_master at Line 598)

If this is the case, try to change the parent relative path to just point to the folder of the parent module and remove the file name. This is a good practice for all the POM files - not just this one.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 September 2020 19:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Build Error [message #1832069 is a reply to message #1832067] Mon, 07 September 2020 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arthur van Dorp is currently offline Arthur van DorpFriend
Thank you Patrick for getting to the root of the problem!
Re: Build Error [message #1832087 is a reply to message #1832069] Tue, 08 September 2020 15:32 Go to previous message
Luis Nothvogel is currently offline Luis NothvogelFriend
Thank you all for the help.
Quote:
I'm guessing that you're referencing the parent in the relativePath using the path to the POM file (including the "pom.xml" file name) similar to this:

It was as you described. I changed the relative path to point to the folder and that fixed the issue.
Thank you both :).
Previous Topic:Table Sort 2 Columns
Next Topic:Create a controller for Form like Tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:29:44 GMT 2024