Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Pretty-printer is not working for inspecting the value of containers(The option of "enable pretty printers in variable/ expression tree " is on but it does not work! )
Pretty-printer is not working for inspecting the value of containers [message #1831798] Sat, 29 August 2020 19:44
Sajedeh  Kebriti is currently offline Sajedeh KebritiFriend
Hi all,
I am using eclipse (4.16.0) and Mingw-w64(gdb 8.1 ) on windows 10. The problem I have is that in windows/preferences/c/c++/Debug/GDB; the option of "enable pretty printers in variable/ expression tree" is already checked. I should also mention that I have python2.7.9 installed on my system.So, I expect that when I debug standard containers like vector, I can inspect elements comfortably but the thing which shows to me is the one in which pretty-printers is not in effect.
I check the page https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#How_can_I_inspect_the_contents_of_STL_containers.3F
I suppose the guideline here is not up-to-dated and is related to the time that eclipse did not have the bottom of enabling pretty printers. Then, I did not follow this guideline. I want to make sure that whether I am right or not.

Also, I ran the (gdb) info pretty-printers and it seems every thing is fine as bunch of containers and iterators appear.
The content of gdbit file is also:
python
import sys
sys.path.insert(0, sys.path[0] + '/../../gcc-8.1.0/python')
from libstdcxx.v6.printers import register_libstdcxx_printers
register_libstdcxx_printers (None)
end

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me to fix this problem.

Previous Topic:First C++ Project in Eclipse
Next Topic:Eclipse CDT C++ throwing Syntax Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:16:54 GMT 2024