Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » XML Schema Definition (XSD) » validation markers now permanent
validation markers now permanent [message #1831776] Fri, 28 August 2020 16:36 Go to next message
Ilya Basin is currently offline Ilya BasinFriend
I recently upgraded Eclipse from `20180405-1200` to `20200615-1200`

My project has a few invalid xsd files and previously the invalidity markers were only visible in the XML editor/XML schema editor near the vertical scrollbar. They did not appear in the problems view despite the fact that I didn't disable anything under Window/Preferences/Validation.

The only way for the markers to appear in the problems view was to right click a file and select "Validate". This was the desired behavior.

Now the invalidity markers behave strange: they appear in the "Problems" view when I open the editor and disappear when I close it. At least, this is how they behave in a small test project.

However, in the bigger real project the markers sometimes don't disappear when I close the editor. I tried to uncheck all the validators under Window/Preferences/Validation/ , but it didn't help much.

Please help me understand.
Re: validation markers now permanent [message #1831778 is a reply to message #1831776] Fri, 28 August 2020 17:09 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
This probably comes from opening it with the Generic Editor. It has this (in my opinion poor) behavior of creating markers while the editor is open. I've complained about it too, but nothing got changed. :-(

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:XSD file - Restriction from imported namespace
Next Topic:Schema not referenceable in namespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 01:47:28 GMT 2024