Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Dynamic Display of grid
Dynamic Display of grid [message #1831772] Fri, 28 August 2020 14:01 Go to next message
Mir Rafiquddeen is currently offline Mir RafiquddeenFriend
Hi Everyone. New to BIRT reporting. I'm using Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers

Version: Neon Release (4.6.0)
Build id: 20160613-1800

for BIRT Report Development.

My Requirement is as follows.

I have got 2 tables with One to Many Relationship. Lets call them Table A and Table B. For every record in Table A, there are 1-10 records in table B.

I need to display 1 record from table A, and all its corresponding records from Table B. This would not have been a problem if it was a simple table display. But I'm required to show the details in a grid for each record of Table B. How to I dynamically design the layout so that the record with 10 messages shows 10 grids and result with 4 records show 4 grids?

Please help.

Regards,
Humble beginner
Re: Dynamic Display of grid [message #1833386 is a reply to message #1831772] Mon, 12 October 2020 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dmitry khotsko is currently offline dmitry khotskoFriend
did you get a solution?
Re: Dynamic Display of grid [message #1833613 is a reply to message #1831772] Mon, 19 October 2020 20:49 Go to previous message
rbaak Mising name is currently offline rbaak Mising nameFriend
You would need to have two tables and filter the nested table based on the related value of the outer table.

You would go into the property editor of the nested table and choose the filters tab and add a filter.

Your filter condition would be your inner table column "Equal To" your outer table column.

If you need a visual explanation check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=026lVSm50Ew

Previous Topic:Page Break Issue
Next Topic:BIRT Report - Table skipping positions until other tables have finished
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:10:50 GMT 2024