Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Spatiotemporal Epidemiological Modeler (STEM) » STEM Capabilities(Parameter Modifications)
STEM Capabilities [message #1831604] Mon, 24 August 2020 19:04 Go to next message
Nick Seah is currently offline Nick SeahFriend
Hey STEM Developers,

My research team is working on a COVID model that incorporates testing procedures. I am still inexperienced at STEM and was wondering if anybody knew if it was possible to change parameters such as "testing rate" to be different in each county instead of having a constant parameter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance!
Re: STEM Capabilities [message #1831732 is a reply to message #1831604] Thu, 27 August 2020 15:58 Go to previous message
James Kaufman is currently offline James KaufmanFriend
Nick, there are a few different approaches you could talk. You might want to join the next community call on Sept 10 - please register for the STEM-DEV mailing list.
The fast path to doing it (adding custom labels) is probably by importing a pajek graph https://wiki.eclipse.org/Importing_a_Pajek_Graph
assuming you are just using external data. If you want to LEARN the testing rate from data then you would want to use the interventions framework or write a little bit of custom code to use Nelder-Meade (called Automated Experiments in the doc).
Previous Topic:More powerful "Automatic Experiments" now available
Next Topic:Mac owner, STEM not working on Windows - can someone run a model for me?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:24:55 GMT 2024