Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Ecore Tools » Different validation results due to cardinality
Different validation results due to cardinality [message #1831332] Mon, 17 August 2020 15:14
Lars-Ola Osterlund is currently offline Lars-Ola OsterlundFriend
In the CIM information model (see IEC 61970) there is an association between two classes Terminal [1] and [0..1] RegulatingControl. A RegulatingControl is required to have a Terminal but a Terminal may be without a RegulatingControl. Both ends of the association are present in the Ecore file.
When I validate a model with RegulatingControls without a Terminal this is reported as expected.
If I want to allow more RegulatingControls at a Terminal I change the cardinality at the RegulatingControl side from [0..1] to [0..*]. After this the RegulatingControls without Terminal aren't reported any longer. Changing back the RegulatingControl side cardinality to [0..1] makes the RegulatingControls without Terminal reported again.
I don't understand this, is it me making a mistake or is the validation engine not working properly?
Thankful for help.
Br / Lars-Ola
Previous Topic: an issue while creating an "Entities in a class diagram" using Ecore tools
Next Topic:Ecore differences in EA version 13 and 15 exports.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:21:11 GMT 2024