Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Spatiotemporal Epidemiological Modeler (STEM) » Mac owner, STEM not working on Windows - can someone run a model for me?
Mac owner, STEM not working on Windows - can someone run a model for me? [message #1831255] Sat, 15 August 2020 15:00 Go to next message
Thomas Creek is currently offline Thomas CreekFriend
Afternoon all,

So I'm trying to run a simple STEM scenario. I personally own a Mac but can't use a Windows partition or such like. I've downloaded STEM onto my Dad's windows machine but each time I try to run the model, it always states there's no sequencer present, even though there is, along with presenting other errors.

I don't have much time to do the model. If there is someone here who could perhaps get in touch with me to run a simple model with some simple information, I'd be extremely grateful. I'll provide my email address/skype details.

Tom

[Updated on: Sat, 15 August 2020 19:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mac owner, STEM not working on Windows - can someone run a model for me? [message #1831388 is a reply to message #1831255] Tue, 18 August 2020 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Kaufman is currently offline James KaufmanFriend
STEM runs fine on a Mac - no need for a windows partition.
The error message "no sequencer present" could indicate another missing component in your scenario. Please download and run one of the demo scenarios as a test. Once you see it run please email stem-dev@eclipse.org and we can try to help you find the error in your scenario.
Re: Mac owner, STEM not working on Windows - can someone run a model for me? [message #1831629 is a reply to message #1831388] Tue, 25 August 2020 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not using the Mac version because it's just not working for me, I'm using a Windows PC.

Where can I find the demos to try out? I've also followed the wiki page to a tee as well and it's not making any difference.

I've attached the image - I think - of the project and the error message i'm getting

index.php/fa/38815/0/

Re: Mac owner, STEM not working on Windows - can someone run a model for me? [message #1831731 is a reply to message #1831629] Thu, 27 August 2020 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas,
You can find example scenarios here
https://www.eclipse.org/stem/downloads.php#DownloadableScenarios
You might want to join the next community call on Sept 10 to get help and advice. Please register for the STEM-DEV mailing list
Re: Mac owner, STEM not working on Windows - can someone run a model for me? [message #1831734 is a reply to message #1831731] Thu, 27 August 2020 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas, please also try the latest integration build. Also please post if you are able to run a demo scenario.
What version of Windows and Java are you using?
Re: Mac owner, STEM not working on Windows - can someone run a model for me? [message #1831743 is a reply to message #1831734] Thu, 27 August 2020 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info so far

I've tried a couple of models - they either crash the application or just don't display any information.

I'm using Windows 10 and Version 8 Update 261
Re: Mac owner, STEM not working on Windows - can someone run a model for me? [message #1831880 is a reply to message #1831743] Tue, 01 September 2020 17:57 Go to previous message
What version of STEM? Have you tried the downloadable scenarios?
Maybe reinstall the latest integration build?
Previous Topic:STEM Capabilities
Next Topic:STEM error: missing a sequencer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 16:06:22 GMT 2024