Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Strange Visuell Bug
Strange Visuell Bug [message #1830758] Mon, 03 August 2020 12:32 Go to next message
Luis Nothvogel is currently offline Luis NothvogelFriend
Hello all,

So I migrated to Scout V10 and everything worked fine more or less. But I have 1 strange bug that I cant get my head around. As soon as i log in with a "fresh" user (meaning the first Login since i rebuild the application) he always lands on a specific page where for some reason all elements are cramped in the left corner and the table isnt showing at all. But as soon as I resize the navigation bar or switch to a different page and come back, everythings back to normal. This happens in every Browser.

Now when i log out and log in again with the same user i dont have the problem. It repeats as soon as i rebuild and redeploy the application.

This bug appeared after i migrated to 10. Maybe someone has a clue to why this is happening

Thank you all in advance as always,
Luis
  • Attachment: example1.png
    (Size: 22.25KB, Downloaded 66 times)
Re: Strange Visuell Bug [message #1830766 is a reply to message #1830758] Mon, 03 August 2020 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi Luis,

is there an exception in the browser console (press F12 and switch to Console)?
Does it still happen after reloading the application using ctrl+r?

It looks like the desktop was not layouted. After the startup request returns the layouting should be done. Maybe the startup request failed, but that should be visible as error in the console. If there is no error you can try to debug what happens. Have a look at the function _processStartupResponse in Session.js (ctrl+p in the dev tools), there should be a line like this: this.layoutValidator.validate(). Is this line reached?

Best regards
Claudio
Re: Strange Visuell Bug [message #1831308 is a reply to message #1830766] Mon, 17 August 2020 09:10 Go to previous message
Luis Nothvogel is currently offline Luis NothvogelFriend
Hey Claudio

Sorry for the late reply.

I did as you said and I got 1 error and a few warnings in the console from the browser as shown in the screenshot. But i dont think that they are the cause of this.
And when i hit ctrl + r to reload, the page was normal again.

When I looked into the Session.js with Chrome Dev Tools all it said was:
Could not load content for https://WEBSITEADRESS/core/src/session/Session.js (HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE)

So i couldnt look at the the function _processStartupResponse

Any tipps?

Best Regards
Luis
Previous Topic:Logging Help
Next Topic:Blank login form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:22:47 GMT 2024