Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » Capella workbench » Reuse components of one model in another model(unable to make links between components of two distinct model.)
Reuse components of one model in another model [message #1830569] Wed, 29 July 2020 09:24 Go to next message
Jean Pierre Clavery is currently offline Jean Pierre ClaveryFriend
Hi all,

I am trying to reuse components form one model to another model.

For this, in the model explorer view I added my model into the second one.

It works fine.

But now I would like to use component exchange betwwen components of the two models.

When I try to use component exchange I am facing with violation of integrity of the model.

I seems to be not possible to make link between components of two model.

How can I do this ?
Re: Reuse components of one model in another model [message #1830609 is a reply to message #1830569] Wed, 29 July 2020 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane LACRAMPE is currently offline Stephane LACRAMPEFriend
Hi Jean-Pierre,
Not sure what you mean when you say " in the model explorer view I added my model into the second one" but if you're interested in model reuse with capella, you should look at this webinar "Strategies and tools for model reuse with Capella ": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I28EhAXe-i8

Stephane LACRAMPE
Obeo Canada
Re: Reuse components of one model in another model [message #1830639 is a reply to message #1830609] Thu, 30 July 2020 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jean Pierre Clavery is currently offline Jean Pierre ClaveryFriend
Thank you.

In the Model Eplorer view, It's possible to add a reference from one model to another (cf. capture)

This work fine, but it's not possible to add links between this two model.
  • Attachment: addModel.png
    (Size: 70.38KB, Downloaded 92 times)
Re: Reuse components of one model in another model [message #1830664 is a reply to message #1830639] Thu, 30 July 2020 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane LACRAMPE is currently offline Stephane LACRAMPEFriend
I think you should avoid using the Model Explorer view with Capella and stick to the Capella perspective which uses the Project Explorer view, in this one you can't add a model as you do.

I mean, what you are trying to do may be working, but in any case, if your goal is to do resue between Capella models, you should use REC/RPL and librarires.

Stephane LACRAMPE
Obeo Canada
Re: Reuse components of one model in another model [message #1860050 is a reply to message #1830569] Fri, 14 July 2023 04:38 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
AI Spam removed

[Updated on: Wed, 04 October 2023 13:21] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Exporting models to older versions of Capella
Next Topic:Ordering Property values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:52:06 GMT 2024