Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Exporting Plugin missing build property values
Exporting Plugin missing build property values [message #1829961] Tue, 14 July 2020 21:18 Go to next message
Katya Doersam is currently offline Katya DoersamFriend
I am trying to export my eclipse PDE plugin. I followed the steps Export>Plugin-in Deployment>Deployable plug-ins and Fragments>Finish. I set the destination and I have the "package plugins as individual jar archives" checked, as well as "Allow for binary cycles in target platform". I am trying to include external jar files in my build. There are necessary jar files for me to include to perform the basic functions of my plugin. The external jar files have been added to the build and runtime section of the manifest. When I run the plugin as an eclipse application, it functions as intended. When I try to export my plugin as a jar so that my company can install the plugin for their use, I get the error that "In plugin x, the value for property source.lib/example.jar is not set.". Any advice on how to fix this issue?
Re: Exporting Plugin missing build property values [message #1829973 is a reply to message #1829961] Wed, 15 July 2020 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
That message is generated here:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/pde/eclipse.pde.build.git/tree/org.eclipse.pde.build/src/org/eclipse/pde/internal/build/builder/ModelBuildScriptGenerator.java#n1742

So I suspect something isn't configured quite right in your build.properties. PDE seems to think there are source files (*.java), that need to be compiled to produce the jar and it doesn't know where to find them.

In a perhaps similar situation in one of EMF's plugins where there is a jar that does need to be built, the build.properties are specified like this:
bin.includes = META-INF/,\
               .,\
               about.html,\
               plugin.properties,\
               plugin.xml,\
               ant_tasks/emf.ant.tasks.jar
src.includes = about.html,\
               readme.html,\
               examples/
jars.compile.order = .,\
                     ant_tasks/emf.ant.tasks.jar
source.. = src/
output.. = bin/
source.ant_tasks/emf.ant.tasks.jar = tasks/
output.ant_tasks/emf.ant.tasks.jar = bin.tasks/
exclude.. = **/doc-files/**
exclude.ant_tasks/emf.ant.tasks.jar = **/doc-files/**

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Exporting Plugin missing build property values [message #1830009 is a reply to message #1829973] Wed, 15 July 2020 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Katya Doersam is currently offline Katya DoersamFriend
The jars are stored in a folder called "lib" in the project. The folder is at the same level as the src folder in the project. When I exported the plugin again, after setting each pathway to the necessary jars, the plugin produces an @dot.log file, which tells me that
the imports that require my external jars to run, the jars in the project/lib folder, cannot be resolved. What *.java files might it need in order to pull in the correct information?

source.. = src/
output.. = bin/
bin.includes = plugin.xml,\
               META-INF/,\
               .,\
               icons/,\
               src/lib/commons-io-2.6.jar,\
               src/lib/daffodil-io_2.12-2.5.0.jar,\
               src/lib/daffodil-japi_2.12-2.5.0.jar,\
               src/lib/daffodil-lib_2.12-2.5.0.jar,\
               src/lib/icu4j-62.1.jar,\
               src/lib/scala-library-2.12.6.jar,\
               src/lib/scala-parser-combinators_2.12-1.1.1.jar,\
               lib/
source.lib/commons-io-2.6.jar = lib/
source.lib/scala-library-2.12.6.jar = lib/
source.lib/scala-parser-combinators_2.12-1.1.1.jar = lib/
source.lib/daffodil-io_2.12-2.5.0.jar = lib/
source.lib/daffodil-japi_2.12-2.5.0.jar = lib/
source.lib/daffodil-lib_2.12-2.5.0.jar = lib/
source.lib/icu4j-62.1.jar = lib/
jars.compile.order = lib/scala-parser-combinators_2.12-1.1.1.jar,\
                                           lib/commons-io-2.6.jar,\
                                          lib/daffodil-japi_2.12-2.5.0.jar,\                                           
                                          lib/icu4j-62.1.jar,\
                                          lib/scala-library-2.12.6.jar,\
                                          lib/daffodil-io_2.12-2.5.0.jar,\
                                         lib/daffodil-lib_2.12-2.5.0.jar,\
Re: Exporting Plugin missing build property values [message #1830028 is a reply to message #1830009] Thu, 16 July 2020 04:13 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
This does look confusingly wrong to me. It seems pretty likely to me that you don't have all the sources for these jars and don't need to compile those sources to produce those jars. If you did have the sources for each, each source.lib/*.jar property would have different folder for that jar's sources, and there would be a corresponding output.lib/*.jar property for each to tell PDE where to compile the sources too before jarring them up.

I suspect that you have all these jars already existing, copied into your lib folder, and that your bin.includes should just include lib/, which it already does. In that case, all your other src/lib/* entries for the bin.includes properties should be removed as well as all the source.lib/*.jar properties. The jars should not be in the src folder.

I'm not sure how you've specified the build path for this project though. I'd expect the jars to be listed only in the Libraries tab.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:How to define a server with a Threadpool in jetty.xml
Next Topic:Why an error downloading Eclipse 2020-06.?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:49:28 GMT 2024