Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Spatiotemporal Epidemiological Modeler (STEM) » STEM error: missing a sequencer(Error msg: Cannot run because it is missing a sequencer)
STEM error: missing a sequencer [message #1829951] Tue, 14 July 2020 16:11 Go to next message
Christopher Thompson is currently offline Christopher ThompsonFriend
Hello all,
I've been trying to construct simple scenarios, but each time I get the message that I am missing a sequencer. I've created new sequencers and dragged them into the model, and also tried using the built-in sequencer. None have worked.
The pre-built scenarios all run fine so I don't think it's my installation causing the issue.

If I've not described the issue in sufficient detail, please let me know what else to include. All advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Chris
Re: STEM error: missing a sequencer [message #1829963 is a reply to message #1829951] Tue, 14 July 2020 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Kaufman is currently offline James KaufmanFriend
Hi Chris,
You have to drag the sequencer into the scenario (not the model).
Please see this doc....
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Creating_a_STEM_Scenario
Re: STEM error: missing a sequencer [message #1829967 is a reply to message #1829963] Tue, 14 July 2020 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Thank you for such a quick response.
OK, I see that issue, and I thought I corrected it, but I am still getting the same error message.
Here are a couple of screenshots: STEM is my setup before running the simulation. SEQMISS is the error message.
I used values identical to the tutorial video on YouTube.

I'm at a loss. Thanks for the help.

Chris
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuYu1UmpnjFto2FfRRYL5UhJIfKA?e=awDnW0
Re: STEM error: missing a sequencer [message #1830480 is a reply to message #1829967] Mon, 27 July 2020 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Chris, sorry for the slow response. The error message (missing sequencer) can be triggered by other missing components (so the wording is a bug - please feel free to submit a bug report). I can't tell from your screen shot which component is missing because the model is collapsed in the tree view. Can you please expand it so all components are visible? You want to be sure to have a solver, population model, population initialize r (I see the infector), disease model, and disease initialize r all in the right place. Please see the you tube videos or this doc... https://wiki.eclipse.org/Creating_a_STEM_Scenario
Re: STEM error: missing a sequencer [message #1830996 is a reply to message #1830480] Sat, 08 August 2020 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello again- no worries about the time. I appreciate your help.
I just started fresh, and I am getting the same result. Here's the screenshot of the project, with everything (I hope) expanded properly.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuYu1UmpnjFtpgK0wYhKa2dc8voQ

Thanks again,

Chris

[Updated on: Tue, 11 August 2020 12:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: STEM error: missing a sequencer [message #1831085 is a reply to message #1830996] Tue, 11 August 2020 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi

I am not sure what the problem is but the link above does not seem to be working properly. There was no issue with linking to One Drive in the other post. Here's the screenshot.

Thanks

Chris
index.php/fa/38762/0/
  • Attachment: stem8aug.jpg
    (Size: 342.86KB, Downloaded 179 times)
Re: STEM error: missing a sequencer [message #1831389 is a reply to message #1831085] Tue, 18 August 2020 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris, your scenario is not composed correctly. I see two models for human population in the US and both your disease model and your infectors are in the wrong place.
Please see this doc.
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Creating_a_STEM_Scenario
Re: STEM error: missing a sequencer [message #1832081 is a reply to message #1831389] Tue, 08 September 2020 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again,

I just wanted to say thank you for all the help. I've got some scenarios running now, and I'm trying to develop some proficiency in adding things one at a time. I am sure I'm going to have some more questions- some obvious and some likely more complex. Thanks again.

Chris
Re: STEM error: missing a sequencer [message #1832169 is a reply to message #1832081] Thu, 10 September 2020 15:36 Go to previous message
Hi Chris,
Congratulations. I'm glad things are running for your now. You might consider joining our monthly STEM community call. Please sign up for STEM-DEV emails to see the dates/times etc.
Cheers,
Jamie
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Join_the_STEM_Community
Previous Topic:Mac owner, STEM not working on Windows - can someone run a model for me?
Next Topic:STEM Talk at EclipseCon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:52:05 GMT 2024