Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » not authorized(git does not use PersonalAccessToken and has problems with foreign characters for authentication)
not authorized [message #1829293] Tue, 30 June 2020 18:19 Go to next message
J R is currently offline J RFriend
I'm having problems with Eclipse taking my credentials for git.

The repository I'm accessing as an Microsoft Azure GIT repository. I only have the problems through Eclipse. I'm able to use my credentials through git-bash with no problem. I had problems with cygwin git rejecting but I copied the .git-credentials created by git-bash and it works fine.
The credentials in the git-bash .git-credentials file contains secure PersonalAccessToken git tokens. Cygwin had clear text with foreign characters encoded.

I believe git is having issues with foreign characters. Namely, the new password I'm using that ends with a percent sign. If I change the password so it does not end with percent, it works fine. Why is this? Will this ever be fixed? Does anyone know a way I have have eclipse point to my .git-credentials file instead?
Re: not authorized [message #1829345 is a reply to message #1829293] Wed, 01 July 2020 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
JGit has no implementation for the .git-credentials file. In Eclipse, you should get a dialog asking for the credentials (username, password), with an option to store the values in the Eclipse secure store. Subsequent attempts to do git operations with the same URI will then read the credentials from the secure store.

Note that the userinfo part of a URI must be percent-encoded. See bug 549690 for a discussion.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 July 2020 17:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: not authorized [message #1829453 is a reply to message #1829345] Fri, 03 July 2020 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
This file is managed by this git credentials helper:
https://git-scm.com/docs/git-credential-store
Currently JGit does not support git credentials helpers.
Re: not authorized [message #1829490 is a reply to message #1829453] Sun, 05 July 2020 02:34 Go to previous message
J R is currently offline J RFriend
I tried other variations of my password and I could not get Eclipse to work at all. I did find a solution though. I used a personal access token which was available in my "User Settings" through MS Azure Git.
Previous Topic: Creation of repositories in the Eclipse workspace is not recommended
Next Topic:Fetch configuration after cloning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:55:17 GMT 2024