Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » JavaFX Object Mapping not possible - Jubula limitations
JavaFX Object Mapping not possible - Jubula limitations [message #1829292] Tue, 30 June 2020 17:06 Go to next message
Stefan John is currently offline Stefan JohnFriend
Hi there,

I would like to try out and promote Jubula as a UI testing tool in a software engineering lecture. So far, we relied on JabRef as an example project in the lecture as it incorporates a bunch of good properties (java, open source, not too small, rather well documented and easy build process, many contributors, relies on test cases and design patterns...).

The tool is based on JavaFX but unfortunately Jubula does not recognize any of the elements when it comes to object mapping. So my question, as someone who is not deeply into JavaFX, would be, why? What are the preliminaries for Jubula to be able to work with such a project?
Unfortunately, I am not proficient enough to find answers myself as I don't know about corner cases or different ways of using JavaFX. I don't know where to look at, first.

I did start JabRef with
--add-opens=javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.skin=ALL-UNNAMED --illegal-access=permit

but a warning told me that
 javafx.scene.control.skin is not in javafx.controls
In case this information is important, the tool uses platform dependent versions of OpenJFX which include javafx.scene.control.skin as well as com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin packages. There is a short documentation about the architecture of JabRef and its UI which might hint to problems.

Maybe someone can clarify what the problem might be. Maybe, by a coincidence, someone even tried to couple Jubula and JabRef before?!

Best wishes,
Stefan
Re: JavaFX Object Mapping not possible - Jubula limitations [message #1829307 is a reply to message #1829292] Wed, 01 July 2020 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
I have tested the latest JabRef version and i could map the components.
Please try again and do not use the --add-opens. It seems due to how it uses the javafx it has moved into another module or library(but i could not find out in the short time where it did move into). Maybe it is not necessary at all in that case. But even if it is necessary The only Problem is that some components might not work quite weill for the moment.

index.php/fa/38456/0/
best regards
Marvin Mueller
  • Attachment: JabRef.jpg
    (Size: 188.89KB, Downloaded 358 times)
Re: JavaFX Object Mapping not possible - Jubula limitations [message #1829375 is a reply to message #1829307] Thu, 02 July 2020 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan John is currently offline Stefan JohnFriend
Thank you very much for testing this!

Forgot to mention what was not working for me is:
running the portable JabRef version which, by default, is executed in an OpenJDK 13 environment (shipped with the product). Ran it on Windows 10.

May I ask, which OS, Java and version of JabRef you were using?
Re: JavaFX Object Mapping not possible - Jubula limitations [message #1829687 is a reply to message #1829375] Wed, 08 July 2020 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruce Schurmann is currently offline Bruce SchurmannFriend
I am seeing the same issue as the OP.
I have downloaded the standalone Windows version of JabRef.
I am using Jubula 8.7.1.046 on Windows.
I can get Jubula to launch JabRef as an AUT but when I turn on Object Mapping I am not able to map any elements. I do not see the green outlines.

My setup is this in Jubula:
(JabRef is installed at c:\utils\JabRef-5.0-portable_windows)

Test Specification Toolkit: concrete
AUT Toolkit: JavaFX
Executable: c:\utils\JabRef-5.0-portable_windows\JabRef\runtime\bin\javaw.exe
AUT arguments: --module-path c:\utils\JabRef-5.0-portable_windows\JabRef\runtime\lib --add-modules=javafx.controls -cp c:\utils\JabRef-5.0-portable_windows\JabRef\app\mods\JabRef-5.0.50001.jar org.jabref.JabRefLauncher
Re: JavaFX Object Mapping not possible - Jubula limitations [message #1829731 is a reply to message #1829687] Thu, 09 July 2020 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruce Schurmann is currently offline Bruce SchurmannFriend
Marvin,

You obviously have this working where Stefan and myself cannot get it to work.
If possible would you please post your Jubula settings for:

Test Specification Toolkit
AUT Toolkit
AUT Executable File Name
AUT Arguments

Thanks!!!
Re: JavaFX Object Mapping not possible - Jubula limitations [message #1829871 is a reply to message #1829731] Mon, 13 July 2020 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for the inconvenience, i was not available last week. I have accidently used an internal new version of Jubula where we included fixes. Try to use the newest eclipse for testers (2020-06) for the meantime. That version should include the fixes for JavaFX.

At this moment i am preparing the new Jubula Standalone Version release which includes the fix. I will tell you if this one is released.

best regards
Marvin Mueller
Re: JavaFX Object Mapping not possible - Jubula limitations [message #1830255 is a reply to message #1829871] Wed, 22 July 2020 07:38 Go to previous message
Jubula 8.8.0 ist out now and can be downloaded. This version includes fixes for JavaFX
Previous Topic:Toolkit extension Jubula
Next Topic:Test case with multiple inputs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:13:43 GMT 2024