Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Generate Javadoc... does not document abstract classes
Generate Javadoc... does not document abstract classes [message #1829243] Mon, 29 June 2020 14:22 Go to next message
Steve Vestal is currently offline Steve VestalFriend
When I generate Javadoc..., abstract classes are being omitted. I have the following class extension hierarchy

abstract class ViewContent {
// omitted
}

abstract class TreeContent extends ViewContent implements ITreeContentProvider, ILabelProvider {
// omitted
}

public class ModelTreeContent extends TreeContent {
// omitted
}

when I generate Javadoc, classes such as ModelTreeContent do appear but their parent abstracts such as TreeContent do not. If you look at the generated javadoc for ModelTreeContent, the header shows the following. It picks up the interfaces but skips the abstract TreeContent and ViewContent in the hierarchy. I looked at Javadoc documentation, and there appears to be no option to turn generation on/off for abstracts. How do I get the abstract classes to appear in the Javadoc?

Class ModelTreeContent

java.lang.Object
com.adventiumlabs.fhowl.wiki.explore.ModelTreeContent

All Implemented Interfaces:org.eclipse.jface.viewers.IBaseLabelProvider, org.eclipse.jface.viewers.IContentProvider, org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ILabelProvider, org.eclipse.jface.viewers.IStructuredContentProvider, org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ITreeContentProvider

public class ModelTreeContent
extends java.lang.Object

Re: Generate Javadoc... does not document abstract classes [message #1829246 is a reply to message #1829243] Mon, 29 June 2020 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Is it because they are package protected (i.e., there is no public keyword in your declarations above), and you're generating Javadoc only for publicly visible API?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Generate Javadoc... does not document abstract classes [message #1829267 is a reply to message #1829246] Mon, 29 June 2020 20:40 Go to previous message
Steve Vestal is currently offline Steve VestalFriend
I have access="protected," but changing them to "public abstract" fixed my problem. Thanks!
Previous Topic:jtable
Next Topic:JBoss Tools 4.15.0 plugin not compatible with Spring plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:26:53 GMT 2024