Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Remote Absolute File Path for C/C++ Application(Not change path for file create)
Remote Absolute File Path for C/C++ Application [message #1828995] Tue, 23 June 2020 18:42 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Dear all,
I'm using Eclipse Neon to develop an application for a board with a device with embedded linux, in cross compiler.
I configured the connection remotely via ssh and I can use debugging, inserting breackpoint and something else.
The problem is this:
In the Debug Configuration -> Remote Absolute File Path for C / C ++ Application configuration I entered / mnt / programname.
and this works too, during debug the executable file is created and copied to / mnt.
This program however during execution creates a text file that
instead of creating it from the folder where the executable is (/ mnt) it creates it in / home / root which is the default folder that Eclipse presents in the configuration
Debug Configuration -> Remote Absolute File Path for C / C ++ Application, when the Browse button is pressed i.e. selected resource
Where am I wrong?
https://ibb.co/sP1RQ0L
https://ibb.co/3prPh2y
Thanks in advanced
Re: Remote Absolute File Path for C/C++ Application [message #1829334 is a reply to message #1828995] Wed, 01 July 2020 14:22 Go to previous message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Thanks for your answer, the crosscompiler configuration is correct. I solved it by inserting the full path into the source code of the program I'm debugging. If the program while debugging creates a file, if you do not specify the path, it creates it in / home / root, and this there is no configuration in Eclipse that can manage it. Just simply add the path to the name of the file you create) eg: / mnt / file name.
What I did not understand, was due to the fact that if I compiled the file, then I copied the executable to the target
(in / mnt /) I launched it, when it created the file it created it in the right place, that is in / mnt / even without having written the path.
The behavior with Eclipse in debugger mode is different than in real execution mode by copying the executable on the target
Previous Topic:Eclipse Plugin based on CDT
Next Topic:CDT extension for two versions of MinGW
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:24:21 GMT 2024