Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Advice on ELK+Graphiti for incremental/dynamic views(How suited is ELK_Graphiti for dynamically generated graphs?)
Advice on ELK+Graphiti for incremental/dynamic views [message #1828587] Sat, 13 June 2020 16:41 Go to next message
Steve Vestal is currently offline Steve VestalFriend
I am evaluating alternatives to create graph views and would appreciate any recommendations on use of Graphiti+ELK.

I am not creating an editor, I am creating a view that displays graphs being generated under user control (I saw there is some material on using Graphiti in views not editors). In my application, nodes and edges will come and go as users make different selections. In my application, since layout is automated, users need to be able to select among a reasonable palette of layout algorithms.

Is Graphiti+ELK reasonably well-suited for this sort of thing? Any recommendations or pointers to example code would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Advice on ELK+Graphiti for incremental/dynamic views [message #1828753 is a reply to message #1828587] Thu, 18 June 2020 06:35 Go to previous message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Hi Steve,

I can only speak for Graphiti because I do not know ELK.

Graphiti is mostly designed for interactive usage through so called features that are triggered by users in a graphical editor. But it is of course also possible to create a graphical model using some generator that creates the required artifacts. Displaying the result in an editor or a view is easy then.

How good that will integrate with ELK I cannot tell.

Hope that helps,
Michael
Previous Topic:SVG export fails with NPE
Next Topic:AbstractDirectEditingFeature jumps to 0,0 coordinates on scroll change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:07:37 GMT 2024