Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Making a new idf project - are there any instructions?(Making a new project and being able to include all the trimming?)
Making a new idf project - are there any instructions? [message #1828301] Sat, 06 June 2020 16:45 Go to next message
Keith Summers is currently offline Keith SummersFriend
When I make a new project - I expect to see something like esp-idf project in the list. What is supposed to lead me in creating the right project for esp-ide targets?

I guess I need to really solid tutorial on this... where are the tutorials for all the basic function which are specific to esp-idf projects?

[Updated on: Sat, 06 June 2020 16:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Making a new idf project - are there any instructions? [message #1828308 is a reply to message #1828301] Sun, 07 June 2020 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Are you using the ESP-IDF Eclipse Plugin?
If so, according to the readme at
https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclipse-plugin/blob/master/README.md#NewProjectUsingDefault
you use File-->New-->Espressif IDF Project

This forum is for the unmodified CDT that ships from eclipse.org
You should direct questions about any plugins to the plugin support site wherever that may be.
For the ESP-IDF Eclipse Plugin it seems to be: https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclipse-plugin/issues

[Updated on: Sun, 07 June 2020 03:35]

Re: Making a new idf project - are there any instructions? [message #1828310 is a reply to message #1828308] Sun, 07 June 2020 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm struggling to get things in the right perspective.... "unmodified CDT"? So the CDT (C/C++ Development Tooling) has nothing to do with the ESP-IDF running on Eclipse? Or rather -- nothing to do with the UI area of the ESP-IDF running on Eclipse.

Sorry to bother you. I'm trying to figure this thing out.

[Updated on: Sun, 07 June 2020 04:56]

Re: Making a new idf project - are there any instructions? [message #1828311 is a reply to message #1828310] Sun, 07 June 2020 04:58 Go to previous message
Thanks for the links... I'll move my concern over to that forum.
Previous Topic:Changing Project Name...
Next Topic:Launch external translator program according file extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:05:48 GMT 2024