Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library(Launch issue)
The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library [message #1828201] Wed, 03 June 2020 18:21
Tom Sparks is currently offline Tom SparksFriend
It seems many people have had this same issue without a working answer.

Day1 near end of day
I installed the latest version of Eclipse using the .exe installer, select C/C++ environment. Long time to install. I selected icon pinned to taskbar option. After install I got a window announcing success. Read the READ ME then test launched the application from this same window. Eclipse starts, seems functional. So far so good. Day over. I'm out.

Day 2 mid morning
I look for the shortcut on the taskbar. Not there. Look in the Start launcher and file system. Not there except for the buggy Eclipse package (I'm attempting to replace,) supplied by a manufacturer. Remembered I gave ROOT permission to install. Go to ROOT. It's there in root's personal directory. Attempt to uninstall. Look to see if W10 will let me uninstall. Not installed in the usual way. It might be all in one spot, but I don't know. Need to look into that. Make note on to do list. No time to mess with it. I go to USER space and install there selecting same options and changing install directory to USER space. Seems functional, success but still without shortcut pinned to task bar. The rest with have to wait for tomorrow. goto(lunch)

Day 3 return(eclipse)
Look in USER folder to find executable. Pin to task bar and click. The title message appears on a small window:

The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library

No error number, no identification of companion lib.

Find this community, join up. Find a number of users with same issue, but no answer. Think maybe question needs to be asked in another way:

Does anyone have any idea which companion library my installation of Eclipse is looking for?

Does anyone know how I can help my installation of Eclipse find its own companion library if by chance I have it on my machine already?

Thank you for any help you can provide,
Tom
Previous Topic:how to remove Null Value.
Next Topic:Page Break based on row count of two Tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:35:37 GMT 2024