Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Moose debugging thru dcs connects but fails on lua code( Lua code not recognized by jave somehow)
Moose debugging thru dcs connects but fails on lua code [message #1827814] Mon, 25 May 2020 00:37 Go to next message
Jim Rutledge is currently offline Jim RutledgeFriend
It connects but does not recognize the following code

trigger.action.outText("sometext", 5) --debug line

or any other code that is not basic lua code such as

SET_GROUP and so on ...

This is what I get when I run the debug . Happy I succeeded .but ...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debugger v1.4.2
Debugger: Trying to connect to 127.0.0.1:10000 ...
Debugger: Connection succeed.
Exception in thread "main" com.naef.jnlua.LuaRuntimeException: ...ents\LUA TOOLS\workspace\Icicles\src\main-backup.lua:4: attempt to index global 'trigger' (a nil value)
at com.naef.jnlua.LuaState.lua_pcall(Native Method)
at com.naef.jnlua.LuaState.call(LuaState.java:555)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any help ?? HELP ?? HEEEELLPP out there on how to fix this?

[Updated on: Mon, 25 May 2020 00:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Moose debugging thru dcs connects but fails on lua code [message #1827862 is a reply to message #1827814] Mon, 25 May 2020 20:27 Go to previous message
Jim Rutledge is currently offline Jim RutledgeFriend
Ok , I post here my short fix for this . Since I really can't dig too deeply into any Eclipse or JAVA runtime errors...
Another video demonstrated using a continuous dynamic load . It used _g.loadfile and recognized it as just loadfile . It is written inside of DCS mission editor .
It uses the same trigger (999) set to true for the program to run dynamically.
A new trigger running continuously that contains a DO SCRIPT with a line in it that says :SET FLAG (999,0) and a LINE such as:
assert(loadfile"C:\\yourfolderlocation\\workspace\\yourmissionfolder\\yourmission/lua")()
works for me . I only need it to run the script at mission start at the moment so I changed from continuous to run trigger at mission start. Later I will experiment with it loading while the mission is running.
Really I just want the Lua debugger to send the CODE over. Not snoop at it and complain. Freezing up the whole operation in the process..Sheesh...
can't find this, can't find that... eek ;. Maybe it runs better when mission is already running and it can find stuff then ... who knows I have had no luck
and I noticed many others on eclipse forums as well as here have had much similar results. So the short fix does work... Do notice the DOUBLE BACK SLASH
Previous Topic:just downloaded Lua development tools & no Autocorrect
Next Topic:Cant start debugger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:04:41 GMT 2024