Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » Requirements Addon » Manage and describe Requirements(how to manage and describe requirements)
Manage and describe Requirements [message #1827381] Wed, 13 May 2020 23:24 Go to next message
david Plancq is currently offline david PlancqFriend
Hi,
is it possible to manage and have a description of requirements imported via Requirement VP, something like Management and Description Tabs in Function Properties or others.
It could be interesting to edit a progress statut of a requirement and to document it.
thank you for your answer
Best regards
david
Re: Manage and describe Requirements [message #1827382 is a reply to message #1827381] Wed, 13 May 2020 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane LACRAMPE is currently offline Stephane LACRAMPEFriend
Hi David,
I am not sure that I got 100% of your question but let's say that what you're looking for is a way to enter additional information regarding the requirements you imported (let say a progress status).
If Requirements were Capella regular objects, one option would be to use the "Progress Monitoring" capabilities of Capella (Right-click on an element and select "Progress Monitoring"), among other possible solutions.
For Requirements, it is a little bit different since these objects are coming with the Requirements Viewpoint. Nevertheless, you can create your own Requirement Types, and add properties to them, these can be string properties for a status description for instance, or en enumeration property for the status itself.
Creating Requirements Types and Attributes is not very well documented, let me know if you're not able to do it, please start by having a look at Help->Requirements ViewPoint Guide -> Users's guide -> Edition of Requirements
I hope this helps.

Stephane LACRAMPE
Obeo Canada
Re: Manage and describe Requirements [message #1827423 is a reply to message #1827382] Thu, 14 May 2020 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Stephane,
Many thanks for your precious advice. I use Requirements VP with requirements imported via ReqIF format.
Creating Requirements Types and Attributes is touchy but it is working.
an additional question please: how to edit Requirements Types and Attributes with M2DOC (which eclass called?)
Regards
david
Re: Manage and describe Requirements [message #1827450 is a reply to message #1827423] Thu, 14 May 2020 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi David,
This thread should help: https://polarsys.org/forums/index.php/t/883/
Stephane

Stephane LACRAMPE
Obeo Canada
Re: Manage and describe Requirements [message #1827483 is a reply to message #1827450] Fri, 15 May 2020 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Stephane,
Sorry but the sequence doesn't work.
I write
m:for ext | self.containedSystemAnalysis.eAllContents()->filter(Requirements::Requirement)

m:for attr | ext.ownedAttributes-> select(oclIsTypeOf(Requirements::StringValueAttribute)).oclA sType(Requirements::StringValueAttribute)

and it returns

<---Empty collection: expression in a select must return a boolean <---Couldn't find the 'aqlFeatureAccess(Nothing(expression in a select must return a boolean),java.lang.String)' service <--- The iteration variable types must be collections ([Nothing(Couldn't find the 'aqlFeatureAccess(Nothing(expression in a select must return a boolean),java.lang.String)' service)])

however, in the syrius interpreter it is a boolean?

can you help me?

thanks
david
Re: Manage and describe Requirements [message #1827493 is a reply to message #1827483] Fri, 15 May 2020 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have asked the team, you can have a look at this thread as well but I am not sure it will help
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1103534/

Stephane LACRAMPE
Obeo Canada
Re: Manage, describe Requirements and edit in M2DOC [message #1827644 is a reply to message #1827493] Tue, 19 May 2020 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Stephane,
I think I found the answer. Here is the sequences for string attributes, enumeration attributes and boolean attributes if it can be usefull...:

{m:for REQ3 | self.containedSystemAnalysis.eAllContents() ->filter(Requirements::Requirement)}

{m:if REQ3.ownedAttributes ->filter(Requirements::StringValueAttribute) <> null}
{m:for REQ4 |REQ3.ownedAttributes ->filter(Requirements::StringValueAttribute)}
{m:REQ4.definition.ReqIFLongName} -> {m:REQ4.value}
{m:endfor}
{m:endif }

{m:if REQ3.ownedAttributes->filter(Requirements::EnumerationValueAttribute) <> null}
{m:for REQ4 | REQ3.ownedAttributes->filter(Requirements::EnumerationValueAttribute)}
{m:REQ4.definition.ReqIFLongName} --> {m: REQ4.values.ReqIFLongName}
{m:endfor}
{m:endif}

{m:if REQ3.ownedAttributes ->filter(Requirements::BooleanValueAttribute) <> null}
{m:for REQ4 |REQ3.ownedAttributes ->filter(Requirements::BooleanValueAttribute)}
{m:REQ4.definition.ReqIFLongName} --> {m:REQ4.value}
{endfor}
{endif}
{endfor}
Re: Manage, describe Requirements and edit in M2DOC [message #1827645 is a reply to message #1827644] Tue, 19 May 2020 22:07 Go to previous message
Great !! Thanks for sharing.

Stephane LACRAMPE
Obeo Canada
Previous Topic:Parse string requirement ID when importing .reqIF
Next Topic:Requirements allocation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:22:09 GMT 2024