Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Java-Version-Compatibility
Java-Version-Compatibility [message #1827279] Tue, 12 May 2020 07:48 Go to next message
Andreas Hasselberg is currently offline Andreas HasselbergFriend
Hello,

our project probably needs to update our Java-Version next year and we use BIRT to generate many of our reports.
Currently we need to decide if we want to create a bunch of new reports with BIRT or an alternative (pdfbox).
Currently it seems like we will choose to use BIRT for the new reports too, but i cant seem to find any information if any of the newer Java-Versions will not work with the current BIRT version. Since it seems to me, that BIRT will probably not updated anymore can anyone tell me if there is an incopatibility between BIRT an newer Java-Versions?

I know it is a very basic question and i dont know if i searched wrong, but i cant seem to find this information.
Re: Java-Version-Compatibility [message #1827322 is a reply to message #1827279] Wed, 13 May 2020 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Colin Sutton is currently offline Colin SuttonFriend
Not directly answering your question, but we are running several different versions of software that each require different java versions 1.6 or 1.7, also with different versions of BIRT. Some reports are running on different servers, under wildfly, and java 1.8 , while the applications calling those each link to java versions on their application servers (thus independent of the birt server java version).
Re: Java-Version-Compatibility [message #1827468 is a reply to message #1827322] Fri, 15 May 2020 04:52 Go to previous message
Andreas Hasselberg is currently offline Andreas HasselbergFriend
Thank you for sharing your experience!
Somehow I didn't think of the possibility to try to run the birt-java version independent from the server java-version if we run into problems. A very interesting idea!
Previous Topic:Highlight duplicate rows in the report
Next Topic:How to create bar chart out of pie chart? (one bar, split by x axis entries)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:21:41 GMT 2024