Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » How to expand the sample maven application?
How to expand the sample maven application? [message #1826940] Tue, 05 May 2020 02:42 Go to next message
Marcelo Ruiz is currently offline Marcelo RuizFriend
Hi everyone,

I am having trouble extending the sample maven application.
I have efxclipse tooling version 3.7.0.202004170922 installed.
I would like to create a new module that will contribute elements to the UI via a `fragment.e4xmi`. In the new project wizard, the closest thing that I found was maven module. That gave me the basic directory structure and I could easily edit the `pom.xml` to declare the module parent, and the new module to the feature and to the parent pom.

My questions are:

1 - Do I need to create a `bnd.bnd` file manually and add content based on the other `bnd.bnd` files in the project?

2 - How do I set which packages are exported? I looked at the `bnd.bnd` file in `sample.mvn.lib` and there the exported lib is mentioned by `-exportcontents: sample.mvn.lib` (which seems not to work properly) but if I edit the file with the bnd editor, in its 'Contents' tab there is a section for 'Export Packages' that is empty. I can click there the plus sign and select `sample.mvn.lib`, and the file gets modify by adding `Export-Package: sample.mvn.lib`. Which one is the valid one?

3 - I created a new `fragment.e4xmi` file inside of the src > main > resources folder, following the structure of `sample.mvn.app`. When I edit the file to add a 'Model Fragment', I am unable to select the right 'Extended Element-ID'. After clicking the 'Find...' button, I can't see anything relevant to the current project. No matter which Container-Type I select, the wizard detects only my e4 spy tool. If I select 'Application' as the Container-Type the wizard gives me only 2 choices: Application (xpath:/) and Application (org.eclipse.e4.legacy.ide.application). If I remember correctly, I should have an 'org.eclipse.e4.application' here. Even if I type that and click and find a Feature Name, there is nothing else I could do. For example, by selecting handlers, I cannot add a new definition because the drop-down menu remain grayed out and empty. How can I solve this?

Thanks!
Re: How to expand the sample maven application? [message #1826981 is a reply to message #1826940] Tue, 05 May 2020 15:45 Go to previous message
Marcelo Ruiz is currently offline Marcelo RuizFriend
For those interested in the discussion, I opened a ticket here:
https://github.com/BestSolution-at/e4-efxclipse-maven-sample/issues/17
Previous Topic:e(fx)clipse installs every day
Next Topic:efx e4 RCP app won't start once packaged as my.app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:56:44 GMT 2024