Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » Problems with broker mosquitto( Excessive delay in sending messages)
Problems with broker mosquitto [message #1826923] Mon, 04 May 2020 16:00
joao vitor is currently offline joao vitorFriend

Hello everyone. Well, I have been working with an IoT project lately using the broker mosquitto and the mqtt communication protocol. Basically, the project consists of a Esp 32 plate, where several sensors and actuators are attached. The card sends and receives information from the broker mosquitto running on a local host. Subsequently, this information is sent or received from an app developed under the node red.

Well, with regard to reading and sending information from the sensors, everything is fine. Esp 32 sends messages to the broker in a matter of milliseconds, almost instantly. The problem is in the opposite direction: when I decide to activate a relay, for example, I send a command from the app to the broker. Then the broker sends the information to esp32. The problem is this way and back: it takes tens of seconds for the information to arrive after leaving the broker.

Would there be any solution to this problem? would it be network problems? and why is the reading of the sensors almost momentary (different from the opposite way)?

I'm using the pubsubclient.h library (most common), programming esp32 from the arduino IDE. In fact, for comparison purposes, while a sensor information package is around 4kb, the one coming from the app for relay activation is only 1kb.

I am a beginner in the field and any help is welcome. Sorry if it was not clear or objective. Besides, I'm Brazilian, so I'm also sorry for any spelling mistakes.
Previous Topic:Publish immediately after received first publish from broker
Next Topic:Trying to add a new user in a fresh install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:44:06 GMT 2024