Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » ClassCastException when trying to compile java 1.6 project
ClassCastException when trying to compile java 1.6 project [message #1826701] Wed, 29 April 2020 08:40
Petr Mising name is currently offline Petr Mising nameFriend
Hello everyone, I hope I am in the correct place to ask this.

I will try to provide as many information as I can, some of it maybe is not relevant.

I am trying to use aspectj 1.6.8 on some legacy java 1.6 project, using gradle to build it. I am running java 9, because of gradle, but I set target and source compatibility to 1.6. When I try to compile it, i get ClassCastException (log attached), which if I understand correctly, means, that aspect compiler cannot find java.lang.Object. I guess it is because of different version of javas - 9 used to run the compiling, but source compatibility should be 1.6. I have both versions installed, environment variable JAVA_HOME points to java 9. Is there some way to tell aspect compiler where to find java.lang.Object? I tried to pass "-1.6" argument to aspect compiler, but nothing changed.

If I am asking in the wrong place, I would be happy, if you could point me to correct place.

Thanks in advance for all responses.
Previous Topic:sort order rationale
Next Topic:Widget: Text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:46:04 GMT 2024