Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Lost all projects/files after Blue Screen of Death
Lost all projects/files after Blue Screen of Death [message #1826492] Sat, 25 April 2020 20:56 Go to next message
Daniel Rodrigues is currently offline Daniel RodriguesFriend
Hello.

I was programming in Java on eclipse and got an Blue Screen of Death and lost all my projects/files.
Is there a way to recover them?...
All my projects from years ago, even the ones i was working on... Vanished...
Re: Lost all projects/files after Blue Screen of Death [message #1826509 is a reply to message #1826492] Sun, 26 April 2020 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Do you know where your old workspace folder is located? Were the files physically located/nested in the workspace folder?

You could open Eclipse with a new different (empty) workspace folder or File -> Switch Workspace. Then use File-> Import -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace. Use "Select root directory" and use Browse... to locate the folder that contains your projects, assuming they are still on disk somewhere. Note the "Copy projects into workspace" checkbox. If this is checked the project folders will be copied to be physically nested in the workspace folder. If not checked, the projects will remain at their current disk location.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Lost all projects/files after Blue Screen of Death [message #1826514 is a reply to message #1826509] Sun, 26 April 2020 11:09 Go to previous message
Daniel Rodrigues is currently offline Daniel RodriguesFriend
Ed Merks wrote on Sun, 26 April 2020 06:52
Do you know where your old workspace folder is located? Were the files physically located/nested in the workspace folder?

You could open Eclipse with a new different (empty) workspace folder or File -> Switch Workspace. Then use File-> Import -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace. Use "Select root directory" and use Browse... to locate the folder that contains your projects, assuming they are still on disk somewhere. Note the "Copy projects into workspace" checkbox. If this is checked the project folders will be copied to be physically nested in the workspace folder. If not checked, the projects will remain at their current disk location.

Thank you for the response!

The files are gone from the PC...
I don't think there is a solution anymore...
Previous Topic:Will Eclipse itself ever move to Java 9 jigsaw/modules?
Next Topic:Installation Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:16:22 GMT 2024