Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » UMLLight add elements to palette
UMLLight add elements to palette [message #1826369] Fri, 24 April 2020 06:56 Go to next message
Susanne Fuchs is currently offline Susanne FuchsFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to customize Papyrus UML-Light (https://github.com/eclipsesource/papyrus-umllight/blob/master/documentation/customizations.md), and I want to add back a few of the items which are there in the palette of the regular Papyrus, but are removed in UMLLight.
For example I want to add the Activity node to the palette of the activity diagram. I copied the Activity Node (see below) from PapyrusUMLActivityDiagram.paletteconfiguration
from the normal Papyrus to the same file in UMLLight. Now I can see the Activity node in the UMLLight palette, but I can't drop it in the diagram. (I see the red circle with diagonal line when I try)
What do I need to change to fix this?
Thank you in advance! :)

<ownedConfigurations xmi:type="paletteconfiguration:ToolConfiguration" id="activity.nodes.activity" label="Activity" description="Create an Activity" kind="CreationTool">
  <icon xmi:type="paletteconfiguration:IconDescriptor" pluginID="org.eclipse.uml2.uml.edit" iconPath="/icons/full/obj16/Activity.gif"/>
  <elementDescriptors xmi:type="paletteconfiguration:ElementDescriptor">
    <elementType xmi:type="elementtypesconfigurations:SpecializationTypeConfiguration" href="platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.service.types/model/umldi.elementtypesconfigurations#org.eclipse.papyrus.umldi.Activity_Shape"/>
  </elementDescriptors>
  <elementDescriptors xmi:type="paletteconfiguration:ElementDescriptor">
    <elementType xmi:type="elementtypesconfigurations:SpecializationTypeConfiguration" href="platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.service.types/model/umldi.elementtypesconfigurations#org.eclipse.papyrus.umldi.Activity_Shape_CN"/>
  </elementDescriptors>
</ownedConfigurations>

[Updated on: Fri, 24 April 2020 06:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: UMLLight add elements to palette [message #1826720 is a reply to message #1826369] Wed, 29 April 2020 12:44 Go to previous message
Susanne Fuchs is currently offline Susanne FuchsFriend
I could fix my problem,
I had to remove

<adviceBindingsConfigurations xmi:type="elementtypesconfigurations:AdviceBindingConfiguration" xmi:id="_jrcvQO2VEeiiPpcJIOvUAQ" description="Advice to suppress creation of nested behaviors and other class content in a Behavior." identifier="org.eclipse.papyrus.umllight.advice.behaviorContents" inheritance="all" editHelperAdviceClassName="org.eclipse.papyrus.umllight.core.internal.advice.BehaviorContentsAdvice">
    <target xmi:type="elementtypesconfigurations:MetamodelTypeConfiguration" href="platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.service.types/model/uml.elementtypesconfigurations#org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.Behavior"/>
  </adviceBindingsConfigurations>

from UMLLight.elementtypesconfigurations to create Activity Nodes in Activity Diagrams. The adding of other nodes/edges to PapyrusUMLActivityDiagram.paletteconfiguration also worked without this trick.
Previous Topic:Cannot open Papyrus model in eclipse model explorer
Next Topic:[BPMN] Icons larger than 16x16px?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:57:47 GMT 2024