Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Indexer Problem with Arduino files(Indexer Problem with Arduino files)
Indexer Problem with Arduino files [message #1826291] Wed, 22 April 2020 22:18 Go to next message
Sven Behnsen is currently offline Sven BehnsenFriend
Hi,

I am having some trouble with the indexer in C/C++ files in arduino projects. On newly created projects in the beginning everything is fine and the indexer finds all include files and symbols etc. But then after a little while it stops working and all header files, except for the local ones in the project, can not be resolved anymore. This means that also all content assist is not working anymore since almost nothing is resolved by the indexer anymore.
Projects will still build fine.
I have found a few posts about this kind of problem, but no real solution. Rebuilding the index or re-resolving the includes etc. does not solve this problem. Deleting the index cache files (the .pdom files) also does not fix the problem. Creating a new project and copying the source files to it does fix it for a little while until the indexer stops working again...

I have tried with a fresh eclipse install with the following versions, but the problem still remains:

Eclipse 2020-03 (4.15.0)
CDT/Arduino 9.11

I have tried with two different board support packages, and I see the same issue with both of them:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/gh-pages/package_esp32_index.json

https://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json

When the indexer stopped working the log file Looks like this:

Project:               be_weather
File:                  file:/D:/Dropbox/source/workspace/be_weather/be_log.cpp
Language:              GNU C++
Index Version:         215.0
Build Configuration:   Configuration
Context:               none
Versions in Index:     0

Macro definitions (from language + headers in index):
   __builtin_offsetof(T,m)=(reinterpret_cast <size_t>(&reinterpret_cast <const volatile char &>(static_cast<T*> (0)->m)))
   __builtin_types_compatible_p(x,y)=__builtin_types_compatible_p(sizeof(x),sizeof(y))
   __builtin_va_arg(ap,type)=*(typeof(type) *)ap
   __CDT_PARSER__=91100
   __complex__=_Complex
   __COUNTER__=0
   __cplusplus=201103L
   __DATE__="Apr. 23 2020"
   __extension__=
   __FILE__="file"
   __imag__=(int)
   __LINE__=1
   __null=0
   __offsetof__(x)=(x)
   __real__=(int)
   __stdcall=
   __STDC__=1
   __thread=
   __TIME__="01:16:28"

Unresolved includes (from headers in index):
   file:/D:/Dropbox/source/workspace/be_weather/be_log.h is not indexed

Scanner problems:
   Unresolved inclusion: <sys/time.h> in file: D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:12
   Unresolved inclusion: <cstring> in file: D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:13
   Unresolved inclusion: <stdio.h> in file: D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:14
   Unresolved inclusion: <string.h> in file: D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:15
   Unresolved inclusion: <stdlib.h> in file: D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:16
   Unresolved inclusion: <ctime> in file: D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:17
   Unresolved inclusion: <HardwareSerial.h> in file: D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:18

Unresolved names:
   Attempt to use symbol failed: va_list in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:40
   Attempt to use symbol failed: time_t in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:42
   Attempt to use symbol failed: va_start in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:45
   Attempt to use symbol failed: memset in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:46
   Attempt to use symbol failed: gettimeofday in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:47
   Attempt to use symbol failed: NULL in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:47
   Attempt to use symbol failed: tv_sec in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:48
   Attempt to use symbol failed: strftime in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:49
   Attempt to use symbol failed: localtime in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:49
   Attempt to use symbol failed: strcat in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:50
   Attempt to use symbol failed: strcat in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:51
   Attempt to use symbol failed: strcat in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:52
   Attempt to use symbol failed: strcat in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:53
   Attempt to use symbol failed: vsprintf in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:54
   Attempt to use symbol failed: strlen in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:54
   Attempt to use symbol failed: va_end in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:55
   Attempt to use symbol failed: Serial in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:57
   Attempt to use symbol failed: println in file D:\Dropbox\source\workspace\be_weather\be_log.cpp:57

Written on Thu Apr 23 01:16:28 EEST 2020

Re: Indexer Problem with Arduino files [message #1827362 is a reply to message #1826291] Wed, 13 May 2020 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven Behnsen is currently offline Sven BehnsenFriend
I still have not found a working solution to this Problem... Any ideas?
Re: Indexer Problem with Arduino files [message #1831556 is a reply to message #1827362] Sun, 23 August 2020 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hans Gressnich is currently offline Hans GressnichFriend
Hello,
i am working on the same Problem.
Workaround for me is , i updatet eclipse to
Version: 2020-06 (4.16.0)
Build id: 20200615-1200

An then closed the Project .
Then when i open the project again the Indexer worket. Also i can access the incude Files via Outline.

Re: Indexer Problem with Arduino files [message #1831805 is a reply to message #1831556] Sun, 30 August 2020 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An important addition I have added the path to the Lib Folder in the project settings "Linked Resources". Then close the project and open it again and the indexer will find the include files.
Re: Indexer Problem with Arduino files [message #1831882 is a reply to message #1831805] Tue, 01 September 2020 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pourpc monish is currently offline pourpc monishFriend
I am also facing the issue with the indexer with arduino files but the error is not resolved yet, then i have been waiting for the solution and till then.
Re: Indexer Problem with Arduino files [message #1832132 is a reply to message #1831882] Wed, 09 September 2020 18:10 Go to previous message
I just had the problem again on a new project with an Arduino minipro. Only after I have defined an additional variable "core" with the value "<basePath> packages / arduino / hardware / avr / 1.8.3 / cores / arduino" in LinkedResources-> PathVariables does the indexer find the include files. After defining the path variable, I closed the project and then opened it again. All files of the project are closed in the editor and you have to open them again. Then the indexer works again.

Sorry for the confusion in my first Post.
Previous Topic:Problems debugging whilst using USBDM pluggin
Next Topic:Remote Debug Startup with Linux on iMX8M
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:02:18 GMT 2024