Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » View Activites as on MagicDraw
View Activites as on MagicDraw [message #1824445] Wed, 15 April 2020 12:13 Go to next message
Blumi .me is currently offline Blumi .meFriend
Hello!

I am new to Papyrus. I am a MagicDraw Native. I have attached a webexport of MagicDraw.

I wanted to know, whether it's possible to view Actions/Activities as in MagicDraw: So I am able to see, where an Action is derived from.

Also I did not find any swimlanes in Papyrus. Are there any?

Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Alex
Re: View Activites as on MagicDraw [message #1831515 is a reply to message #1824445] Fri, 21 August 2020 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Benford is currently offline Ben BenfordFriend
Hello Alex,
Since nobody has responded to you I will try to help. I am a little unclear on your first question but I think you are asking about drilling down by double-clicking on item. In Papyrus I have found that you have to create your own hyperlinks for some behavior if you want it to behave like MagicDraw. You right-click on the item and then select Modify Hyperlink.
For your second question. Yes, there are swimlanes in Papyrus. In the Model Explorer you would right-click and then select SysML 1.x Child -> AllocateActivityPartition. After you name it and it appears in the Model Explorer. To set the type go to the Properties window Advanced tab and set the "Represents" property. Click on the swimlane in the Model Explorer and drag it onto your activity diagram and it will appear.
I will warn you of a quirky Papyrus behavior. As you know, on an activity diagram in MagicDraw you create the activities and then you can allocate using swimlanes. In Papyrus, when you have an activities on an activity diagram and you then you add swimlanes, the swimlanes appear as the top layer on the diagram and cover up your activities. You then have to spend time to re-arrange the activities and put them on top of your swimlanes to get the diagram to look proper. So, I have found that in Papyrus if you know what your swimlanes are going to be it is best to put them on the diagram first and then add the activities on top.
There is a book on Amazon on SysML modeling with Papyrus.
https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Guide-Systems-Modeling-Papyrus-ebook/dp/B08F5JNX92/ref=sr_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=sysml&qid=1598013767&sr=8-16

[Updated on: Fri, 21 August 2020 12:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: View Activites as on MagicDraw [message #1831529 is a reply to message #1831515] Fri, 21 August 2020 18:16 Go to previous message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
BTW, yes it is possible.

index.php/fa/38802/0/

But, allocate is no allowed prototype for an ActivityPartition.

/Carsten
  • Attachment: SwimLanes.png
    (Size: 34.07KB, Downloaded 568 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 21 August 2020 18:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Does Papyrus Require Internet Access
Next Topic:Timing Diagram not available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:01:52 GMT 2024