Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Files are opened in last active group of tabs(Something happened and they don't open next to each other anymore)
Files are opened in last active group of tabs [message #1823769] Wed, 01 April 2020 14:52 Go to next message
Jakub Jakub is currently offline Jakub JakubFriend
Hi all,

I am using a custom IDE based on Eclipse version: 4.7.3.

I have my views grouped into three separate panes (or a grouped notebooks of tabs, as it is called in Eclipse help):
1. Project Explorer
2. Console / Call Hierarchy / Search
3. Opened files

Whenever I open a new file, I want it to open in the 3rd pane every time. And this is how it worked for me before, but recently the behavior changed.

Now, the file opens in the recently active pane. That is:
- If I open a file from Project Explorer view, it opens in either 2nd or 3rd pane (depends which one I click before)
- If I open a file from Search view, it opens in another tab of the same pane (i.e. next to the Search tab, and not with other files!)

Could someone please advise me what's going on?
Re: Files are opened in last active group of tabs [message #1823781 is a reply to message #1823769] Thu, 02 April 2020 04:23 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Editors should always open the editor area so this seems like strange behavior. Perhaps try resetting the perspective via the context menu on the perspective toolbar button in the upper right.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Double( String ) not working
Next Topic:Privacy Settings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:45:47 GMT 2024