Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Using jdt for reading Groovy/Kotlin
Using jdt for reading Groovy/Kotlin [message #1823602] Mon, 30 March 2020 06:50 Go to next message
Markus Oley is currently offline Markus OleyFriend
Hi to anyone,

I am using JDT for a standalone refactoring application to read and automatically migrate Java source code. Now I'd like to add two new languages (Groovy and/or Kotlin) into this application, too.

At first I tried to read Groovy with JDT. My groovy classes can be read, but as soon as I use classes from packages, which are imported by default in Groovy (java.util.Collection) JDT fails to resolve these types.

Can you give me a hint what would be the best way to implement those features?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Markus
Re: Using jdt for reading Groovy/Kotlin [message #1823726 is a reply to message #1823602] Tue, 31 March 2020 19:00 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Quote:
Now I'd like to add two new languages (Groovy and/or Kotlin) into this application...

What do you mean by this?
Reading .class files generated from other languages should work (if those class files adhere to JVMS).
Working with the source code of other languages is not in the scope of JDT.
Previous Topic:Internal compiler error: java.lang.NullPointerException
Next Topic:Migration of java 8 eclipse plugin to java 11 - jar file not exported?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:45:54 GMT 2024