Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » New Scout version 10 released(The official Scout version 10 has been released as part of the Eclipse simultaneous release 2020-03 and is now publicly available)
New Scout version 10 released [message #1823365] Wed, 25 March 2020 15:07 Go to next message
Andre Wegmueller is currently offline Andre WegmuellerFriend
I'm happy to announce the release of the latest Scout version 10!

Read about the highlights of the new release, like the new web tool stack or support for IntelliJ, in this blog post:
New Scout version 10 released

The official release notes are here:
Eclipse Scout 10: Release Notes

What do you think about the new Scout release? Please let us known and reply to this post.

Cheers,
André

Eclipse Scout Homepage | Documentation | GitHub
Re: New Scout version 10 released [message #1823380 is a reply to message #1823365] Wed, 25 March 2020 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Robot is currently offline Mr RobotFriend
Hello, created sample application, but when I want to use login form, I have this error...
HTTP ERROR 404
Problem accessing /login.html. Reason:

Not Found
Powered by Jetty:// 9.4.14.v20181114
Re: New Scout version 10 released [message #1823413 is a reply to message #1823380] Thu, 26 March 2020 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi,

could you please provide more details? Which sample app do you use? On what system (windows, linux etc.)? What URL did you use to call the login page?

I tested it by using the current Eclipse release, created a new Scout Classic project (Java), started the launch file "[webapp] all" and accessed it using the URL http://localhost:8082/login. The login form appears correctly, I am on Windows.

Did you perchance created a new Scout JS project? If yes, the error is expected, because that app does not contain login functionality so far.

Kind regards
Claudio
Re: New Scout version 10 released [message #1823419 is a reply to message #1823413] Thu, 26 March 2020 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

1. I downloaded new eclipse.

2. Created new project using create new project wizard

3. Installed node 12

4. Run appliucation using "web all"

When I run application, like this it is ok, no filter for login is set. I can see application.

But if I set devMode in config.properties to false when I run application I have that error.

I did not install any sample app, only created new project, not JS project...

I started application on localhost:8082 a link that is available in console when app is started

I am using win10

[Updated on: Thu, 26 March 2020 10:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Scout version 10 released [message #1823426 is a reply to message #1823419] Thu, 26 March 2020 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is correct way to force login ?
Re: New Scout version 10 released [message #1823435 is a reply to message #1823426] Thu, 26 March 2020 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Ok, you explicitly set devMode to false. This works a little bit different than for previous releases.

When the server runs in dev mode, it loads the html files from the dist/dev folder. The dist folder contains the output of the webpack build and other html resources.

When the server runs in prod mode (devMode=false), the resources are loaded from the class path. So the content of the dist folder needs to be in the folder target/classes, e.g. target/classes/dev and target/classes/res. This is done by the maven phase prepare-package and should be executed automatically in Eclipse. Additionally, in prod mode the JS and CSS files look different than in dev mode, they are minimized and obfuscated. And they are placed in a folder prod.

Since creating these resources is not necessary for the daily development, you need to trigger the build manually. To do so, run "npm run build:prod" on the command line. This will fill your folder dist/prod. Now you need to move the prod folder to target/classes. Either do it manually or you can also click "Project / Clean..." in Eclipse which should do it for you.

Note: When building the war file using mvn install, this should all be done automatically. So when deploying it on Tomcat it should work out of the box.
Re: New Scout version 10 released [message #1823478 is a reply to message #1823435] Fri, 27 March 2020 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks
Re: New Scout version 10 released [message #1830716 is a reply to message #1823435] Sat, 01 August 2020 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senaka Suriyaarachchi is currently offline Senaka SuriyaarachchiFriend
Hi
I am new to Eclipse Scout. I downloaded Scout 10 and started the HelloWorld sample app and when I try to build with Maven Build... option (clean verify goal) on Eclipse.. I got following error.
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce (enforce-rules) on project helloworld: Execution enforce-rules of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null

Could you please explain why I am getting this error.
I am using Windows 10 OS.

Regards
Senaka
Re: New Scout version 10 released [message #1830756 is a reply to message #1830716] Mon, 03 August 2020 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
Hi Senaka

Welcome to Eclipse Scout!

To better help you, could you provide us with the info what your JDK/JRE is that you are running Maven with, as well as the Maven version.

The easiest way to do is:
* If you are running the Maven Build from the commandline, please paste the output of mvn -version
* If you are running the Maven Build from the Eclipse IDE, open the Debug Menu and select the Build you ran. Check "Debug output" and start it again.

The output should look something like this:
Maven home: C:\dev\apache-maven-3.5.4
Java version: 11.0.4, vendor: AdoptOpenJDK, runtime: C:\eclipse\java\adoptopenjdk-11.0.4
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 10", version: "10.0", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

Re: New Scout version 10 released [message #1830776 is a reply to message #1830756] Mon, 03 August 2020 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Patrick,
Thank you for the reply.
Please check the Maven debug output details on Maven Version and JDK Version.
Apache Maven 3.6.3 (cecedd343002696d0abb50b32b541b8a6ba2883f)
Maven home: E:\eclipsescout\eclipse-workspace\helloworld\EMBEDDED
Java version: 11, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: C:\jdk-11
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 10", version: "10.0", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

I have attached here with the detail debug output as well for your reference.

Regards
Senaka
Re: New Scout version 10 released [message #1830854 is a reply to message #1830756] Wed, 05 August 2020 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Patrick,
Did you get a chance to see my issue? Did I do something incorrect step in the build process?

Regards
Senaka
Re: New Scout version 10 released [message #1830859 is a reply to message #1830854] Wed, 05 August 2020 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
From the detailed output you attached (thanks) it looks like the Maven Enforcer Plugin pulls in an outdated dependency which doesn't parse the Java version correctly from the OracleJDK correctly. (The enforcer's version is pretty old, to be honest)

You have three options:

1. Manually enforce a newer version of the plugin
  2. Switch to AdoptOpenJDK
  3. Disable the enforcer

Option 1:
Set the property "master_plugin_enforcer_version" to the new version in the "helloworld" Project's POM XML file:

<properties>
   ... other properties ...
    <master_plugin_enforcer_version>3.0.0-M3</master_plugin_enforcer_version>
</properties>

You may need to update the project configurations (select all projects, right click, Maven -> Update Project) for the workspace to get rid of all errors.

I have filed the Bug 565828 to change it like this in the next Scout version.

Option 2:

Use another JDK like AdoptOpenJDK which still uses the format with the period in the version. Not exactly neat, but it "works on my machine".

Option 3:

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS.
The quick workaround would be to disable the enforcer for now by defining the property "master_enforcerCheck_skip" in the parent-Project's POM XML:

<properties>
   ... other properties ...
  <master_enforcerCheck_skip>true</true>
</properties>

Reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59756969/maven-enforcer-plugin-crashing-because-of-version-string-in-open-jdk
Re: New Scout version 10 released [message #1830888 is a reply to message #1830859] Thu, 06 August 2020 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Patrick,
Thank you for the detail answer. I have selected Option 1 and my problem resolved.
I have noted that next Scout release will fix this issue also.

By the way I faced another issue and I noticed that that issue has reported on
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1104719/

I will follow up that thread.

Thank you again for your advice and help.

Regards
Senaka
Re: New Scout version 10 released [message #1849425 is a reply to message #1830888] Wed, 19 January 2022 14:58 Go to previous message
Simon Daisenberger is currently offline Simon DaisenbergerFriend
Hello,
I have been having problems with launching my Scout 10 application after I switched developer mode to false and run 'npm run build:prod', then cleaned the project accordingly, as directed in this thread. Ever since ive been getting an error message ''lauching [webapp] all' has encountered a problem. Variable references non-existent resource : ${workspace_loc:/fitness_area.ui.html/js build.cmd}'

Any idea?
Previous Topic:Deploy problem with WAR file and Tomcat
Next Topic:Get geolocation in Client Session
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:31:05 GMT 2024