Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problem with testing various components(Observation mode fails on menu components, cannot test more complex components such as checkboxes etc.)
Problem with testing various components [message #1823112] Thu, 19 March 2020 15:27 Go to next message
Jiri Horák is currently offline Jiri HorákFriend
Hello - I really like Jubula, though I am having some problems when testing more complex components in Swing (windows 8).

I use observation mode a lot because it simply saves time. But, for menu components, the mode fails:
- Ctrl+Shift+F11 to enable checkmode
- Navigate to menu item
- Red outline is shown
- Ctrl+Shift+F12 to show component check popup
- The red line vanished, no popup displayed, check mode does not further work (display red line), but is still enabled and can't be turned off.

Also, I am having a hard time with more complex components such as Checkboxes. I tried to look for various tutorials and description in the documentation, but there's near to nothing to these topics.

There is a step called "check checkbox selected at mouse position, but I am unable to map any component to this step. How is the mouse position decided then? I also tried property for name 'Checked' value 'true', failed, I looked into the predefined step but the step is a bit different, it contains 'Checked' [boolean] parameter (whereas mine is a String) and I was again unable to find anything on how to achieve this.

Any links to some more detailed use description for tables and trees? Search in the documentation yields results in Example section with no description of the topic. Just a brief intro for the example.

Thank you a lot!
Re: Problem with testing various components [message #1823608 is a reply to message #1823112] Mon, 30 March 2020 08:30 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello,

For the Menu bar actions please have a look into the documentation [2].

The Obersavation mode is more a presentation to understand Jubula. From my expectation it should not be used later on to write Test with it, since it is also not Feature complete / can use all Actions.
Do you mean Checkboxes or Checkboxes in tables? A Checkbox is a normal Button for us. You can use the Button test steps for it. [2] If you you want to use Checkboxes in Tables there is no real implementation in Swing. You can just click into the tables with the specific actions to toggle it and only checkText at specific cell might give a result to check if is toggled.

But without further description or Screenshot i can only do guesses.

best regards
Marvin Mueller
[1] https://help.eclipse.org/2019-12/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/content/html/reference/components/ch03s02s02.html
[2] https://help.eclipse.org/2019-12/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/content/html/reference/components/ch03s02s05.html
Previous Topic:Can extracted tests from lean FT and UFT be exported to Jubula?
Next Topic:Jubula not recognising buttons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:48:48 GMT 2024