Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Java-Module-AddOpens Only Working Once....
Java-Module-AddOpens Only Working Once.... [message #1822894] Mon, 16 March 2020 13:11 Go to next message
Kyle Girard is currently offline Kyle GirardFriend
I'm using JavaFX and Controlsfx in a single plugin in my RCP app which was recently ported from Java 1.8 to Java 11 everything seems to work with the following exception. I'm using the controlfx grid view and when I launch the dialog that contains the view I get this::

Unable to make field private final javafx.scene.control.skin.VirtualFlow javafx.scene.control.skin.VirtualContainerBase.flow accessible: module javafx.controls does not "opens javafx.scene.control.skin" to unnamed module @74355746

A little bit of digg on google turned up this:

https://github.com/controlsfx/controlsfx/wiki/%5BWIP%5D-Using-ControlsFX-with-JDK-9-and-above

So I need to be able to add the equivalent of this:

--add-opens=javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.skin=org.controlsfx.controls

to my plugin.....so some more google searching turned up the 'Java-Module-AddOpens' attribute for the MANIFEST.MF file...

Sweet! So I put this in the MANIFEST.MF file:

Java-Module-AddOpens: javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.skin=.

Launch the app, open the dialog , YAY there was much rejoicing... it was not long lived however... If I launch the app again, boom, back to the original error.

I have modify the MANIFEST.MF file every time in order for the dialog to open in my development environment ... when I build the distribution package it fails 100% of the time....

What do I have to do get the Java-Module-AddOpens attribute value to stick? Or is there a better way for me to do what I need to do?

Kyle

Re: Java-Module-AddOpens Only Working Once.... [message #1822921 is a reply to message #1822894] Mon, 16 March 2020 20:05 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Well so you are running with PDE, or bnd, or maven- bnd? Not sure who is removing that from your MANIFEST.MF.
Previous Topic:option to add -parameters debug="true" debuglevel="lines,vars,source"
Next Topic:DriftFX Integration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:41:29 GMT 2024