Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Keep project folders open after Quit
Keep project folders open after Quit [message #1822853] Sun, 15 March 2020 21:06 Go to next message
Greg Willits is currently offline Greg WillitsFriend
Version: 2019-12 (4.14.0) / CDT / MacOS

Every time I Quit Eclipse, then relaunch it later, all project folders have been collapsed.

I've used a much older version Eclipse packaged as an OEM tool for a specific proprietry platform. In that version, projects folders stayed open exactly as I had them when Eclipse closed.

I figure there must be an option or something for this, but I've looked and looked and looked and... (welll, you get it).

All clues appreciated...

Thanks,
-- greg
Re: Keep project folders open after Quit [message #1822856 is a reply to message #1822853] Sun, 15 March 2020 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Was it the same View in both cases? It's possible that that was an incidental feature added by that tool, if not, and not contributed back.

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Keep project folders open after Quit [message #1823135 is a reply to message #1822856] Fri, 20 March 2020 01:08 Go to previous message
Greg Willits is currently offline Greg WillitsFriend
Yes same view -- Project Explorer (in case that wasn't clear), and then using C editor with various other panels. Essentially the same stuff. It's the Project Explorer view though that I'm wishing would retain folder expansion state between launches.

-- gw
Previous Topic:how can i display more lines of an error in the console?
Next Topic:Using NSight Eclipse for Cross Compile to Jetson Xavier
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 29 18:12:24 GMT 2020