Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » EMF Forms drop-down(Strings based drop-down)
EMF Forms drop-down [message #1822809] Fri, 13 March 2020 17:50 Go to next message
Sven Brehmer is currently offline Sven BrehmerFriend
I'm looking for a way to use a drop-down (Combo) control in EMF Forms, using a list of strings that can be replaced at runtime, rather than using eenums. In looking at modifying/extending existing renderers, I'm not clear on a good approach. Any ideas/suggestions?

Regards,
Sven
Re: EMF Forms drop-down [message #1822899 is a reply to message #1822809] Mon, 16 March 2020 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Sven,

did you read this article? https://eclipsesource.com/blogs/tutorials/how-to-customize-emf-forms/
The best starting point would probably be org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.internal.core.swt.renderer.EnumComboViewerSWTRenderer . And as you don't have enums, just subclass org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.spi.core.swt.SimpleControlJFaceViewerSWTRenderer and implement the methods similar to how it is done in the enumrenderer.

If you need more detailed information. Let me know.

Best,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: EMF Forms drop-down [message #1823045 is a reply to message #1822899] Wed, 18 March 2020 16:54 Go to previous message
Sven Brehmer is currently offline Sven BrehmerFriend
Hi Eugen,

Yes, I read the article and tried something along the line of your suggestion, didn't get it to work. Will take a second and let you know if I need more detail.

Thanks,
Sven
Previous Topic:Template model editor issue
Next Topic:Ecore to Emfatic conversion standalone application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:41:00 GMT 2024