Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Set working directory in CDT stand-alone debugger - how?
Set working directory in CDT stand-alone debugger - how? [message #1822707] Wed, 11 March 2020 17:47 Go to next message
Woody Stool is currently offline Woody StoolFriend
Title says it all. I'm debugging a C program built elsewhere (Geany in my case) and it works fine except I need to tell the debugger what working directory to use - it is defaulting to the directory where the CDT debugger is installed, and thus the debug run is not seeing any of the local files that my app opens and uses. I can't find a place to set this anywhere. Has anyone had any luck doing this with the CDT stand-alone debugger? Many thanks in advance for helpful replies. The debugger otherwise looks and works great, thanks to everyone for that.
Re: Set working directory in CDT stand-alone debugger - how? [message #1822832 is a reply to message #1822707] Sat, 14 March 2020 18:13 Go to previous message
Woody Stool is currently offline Woody StoolFriend
Let me answer my own question for those that need this:

Run -> Run Configurations -> < select your program> -> Arguments tab -> set working directory at bottom of this tab.

This is for the CDT stand-alone debugger only.
Previous Topic:CDT Docker
Next Topic:How to generate one output file including all include files and the source file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:44:06 GMT 2024