Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Setting up eclipse, mingw, msys2...(New guy needs help)
Setting up eclipse, mingw, msys2... [message #1822498] Sun, 08 March 2020 17:23
Timothé Chalard is currently offline Timothé ChalardFriend
Hello everyone,

I'm new in programming, and it seems I need help in setting up all the softwares needed.

I passed 2 weeks as business internship in a big company, and I learned many many stuff there. Also, they allowed me to use one of their computers there and they did set up everything so I could work easily.
It ended a few weeks ago now, but from then, I try to reproduce the set up of the softwares, and I actually called today a buddy studying programming, and he told me to do exactly what I did, but it doesn't work, and that's why I'm here.

So, during my business internship, I did code some C on eclipse CDT, and any other softwares were downloaded on msys2.
After everything was downloaded and installed with the command pacman -Syu, I just had to type (still on msys2) : x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc test1.c -o test.exe && ./test.exe
But, it's not working on my computer. I'm on Windows 10, I think I did everything I could, but I don't know what I can do more. The command is unknown.

So yeah : my problem is : I can code on eclipse, ther's no problem. I also can run my code, and I will have the result on eclipse. But if I create another file in my project and I want to run it, it will run the whole project, and not only the file. And I don't want to create another project everytime I exercise myself.

I'm sorry, I know I was pretty confused while I was writing my topic.
Feel free to ask for any information that I probably forgot to tell, and I hope somebody can help me.

Have a nice day !
Previous Topic:CLOSED New problems with console
Next Topic:Cannot "cut and paste " from "console"..... [message #1822392]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:47:20 GMT 2024