Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Executing TesTNG issues. Need help(TestNG execution Issues. so I manually installed and cannot find TestNG in the run confituration)
Executing TesTNG issues. Need help [message #1821926] Sun, 23 February 2020 09:16 Go to next message
Anand G is currently offline Anand GFriend
Hello Experts
I am new in both Eclipse, Java and Selenium

1. I already have TestNG as I use Eclipse Photon but I when I configured with Maven, I think My TestNG dependencies conflicted with the versions prescribed for Eclipse in the site .../dl.bintray.com/testng-team/testng-eclipse-release/ which is basically 7.0 version

1. My installation kept saying, that I have updated latest version of TestNG P2, which is 7.1, so I deleted all the from the folder and removed TestNG and installed manually.

2. Removed maven dependencies, related to TestNG

Help in here
Now I need to point to the downloaded Jar files of TestNG in my project.
First please give me some guidance in making me understanding the folder organization of 1. features 2. Plugins 3 the files in parent folders a. artifacts 2. artifacts.xml.xz 3. content 4. content.xml.xz 5. p2.index

and I export all the Jar files available but the issue is I do not see TestNG in the Run Configurations and not able to convert the projects to testNG but I in the installed TestNG, I see all the relevant files but Eclipse is not picking up. Please can you help me.

I attach the error log file, TestNG installation file and other relevant screnshots. Please can you help me understand the folder structure and help in resolving my issue.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Executing TesTNG issues. Need help [message #1822047 is a reply to message #1821926] Wed, 26 February 2020 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please experts ..looking for help ..any expert please. .
Re: Executing TesTNG issues. Need help [message #1822148 is a reply to message #1822047] Fri, 28 February 2020 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
I'm not sure you'll reach many TestNG experts in this forum.
Re: Executing TesTNG issues. Need help [message #1822150 is a reply to message #1822047] Fri, 28 February 2020 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Stephan

Thank you for response. But this mostly eclipse question and very less of testNG. Question is how I should configure libraries and jar files. If you can replace TestNG with other libraries you are expert and can you please help me answer this

Thanks in advance

Re: Executing TesTNG issues. Need help [message #1822194 is a reply to message #1822150] Sat, 29 February 2020 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Quote:
Question is how I should configure libraries and jar files.

Your original question talked about a specific plugin for TestNG, I didn't see you talking about manually configuring the dependencies of an Eclipse project.

A more precise advice would then be: please contact the developers of the Eclipse plugin for TestNG.

BTW, the error log mentions this abandoned URL: http://beust.com/eclipse/compositeContent.xml
Re: Executing TesTNG issues. Need help [message #1822329 is a reply to message #1822194] Wed, 04 March 2020 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Stephan

Thank you very much. Yes you are right, TestNG is the specific issue I face but I think it is do with the Eclipse configurations and yes you were right about that link, which was another issue resolved.
I am not able to know how to tell eclipse that all my needed jar files are there but still does not recognize the plugin. How to reach or know the developers of the Eclipse plugin for TestNG

Regards
Anand Gudimanchi
Re: Executing TesTNG issues. Need help [message #1822330 is a reply to message #1822329] Wed, 04 March 2020 07:23 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You probably installed it from this:

https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/testng-eclipse

And there the little "home" button links to this:

https://testng.org/doc/

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Validation - how to exclude certain files?
Next Topic:Eclipse can't find the test class files for one particular project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:25:47 GMT 2024