Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Our friend Andreas Hoegger passed away
Our friend Andreas Hoegger passed away [message #1821749] Wed, 19 February 2020 14:01 Go to next message
Ivan Motsch is currently offline Ivan MotschFriend
We are so sad to inform that our friend Andreas Hoegger passed away last Sunday, 16. Feb 2020 during jogging in the woods.
His wife and young kids now have to grow up without their loved one and beloved daddy.
Andy's path ended way too early at age 42.

Andy was one of the brains and an active mentor of eclipse scout and inspired so many people creating vivid and comprehensive software.
We miss his friendly and warm character, his optimistic way of living, talking and debating with him.

Andy was eclipse scout.
Andy was BSI.

Love and fare well Andy!
Re: Our friend Andreas Hoegger passed away [message #1821875 is a reply to message #1821749] Fri, 21 February 2020 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

I'm so very sorry to hear this. Our sympathies to the family, friends, colleagues and communities that Andreas was a part of.

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Re: Our friend Andreas Hoegger passed away [message #1822033 is a reply to message #1821749] Wed, 26 February 2020 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
I'm devastated.

When we first started using Scout in our projects, Andy met up with us on a monthly basis and I got to know him as an optimistic, dedicated, friendly, helpful person. He was not just a consultant or colleague but became a friend.

My thoughts go out to all who knew him but especially his family and kids!
Re: Our friend Andreas Hoegger passed away [message #1835014 is a reply to message #1822033] Mon, 23 November 2020 13:19 Go to previous message
Ivan Motsch is currently offline Ivan MotschFriend
Great eclipse memorial at
https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/memorials
Previous Topic:Is it possible to change Database schema at runtime
Next Topic:Year Panel in CalendarField
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:14:35 GMT 2024