Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » excel spreadsheet could not resolve module.
excel spreadsheet could not resolve module. [message #1821478] Thu, 13 February 2020 14:11 Go to next message
Charlie Parsons is currently offline Charlie ParsonsFriend
Hi,
I have been working with using the excel spreadsheet module for epsilon. I was originally using Eclipse Photon however I have recently upgraded to the latest version of Eclipse (2019-12). After upgrading I am unable to use the module due to a "Bundle uses constraint violation" with javax.xml.bind. This currently means i am having to go back to Eclipse Photon to use a excel spreadsheet as a model.

Attached is a copy of the error I am getting.

Hope someone can help me resolve this.
Re: excel spreadsheet could not resolve module. [message #1821513 is a reply to message #1821478] Thu, 13 February 2020 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Charlie,

I've just tried installing the Epsilon Core, Epsilon Core Development Tools and Epsilon Spreadsheet Integration features from Epsilon's interim update site on a clean 2019-12 Eclipse Modeling installation and everything seems to be working as expected. Could you please try with a clean installation and let me know if the problem persists?

Thanks,
Dimitris
Re: excel spreadsheet could not resolve module. [message #1821528 is a reply to message #1821513] Fri, 14 February 2020 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have installed a fresh instance of Eclipse 2019-12 and have only installed the features mentioned above. After doing this, I tried to use the Excel spreadsheet feature and I am still unable to see it when trying to add a model. After looking in the eclipse log again I am presented with the same error as before.

If it helps I am running Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1903.
Hope you can help.

Thanks,
Charlie
Re: excel spreadsheet could not resolve module. [message #1821529 is a reply to message #1821528] Fri, 14 February 2020 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Could you please confirm that the Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet model type is not visible when the "Show all model types" check box is ticked in the "Select type of model" dialog?

Thanks,
Dimitris
Re: excel spreadsheet could not resolve module. [message #1821535 is a reply to message #1821529] Fri, 14 February 2020 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,
Yes it was not showing after clicking on "Show all model types". However, since my last message I have tried updating the Java version I was running to the LTS version. This has solved my issue and I am able to use the Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet model within the latest version of eclipse.

Thanks,
Charlie
Re: excel spreadsheet could not resolve module. [message #1821537 is a reply to message #1821535] Fri, 14 February 2020 10:55 Go to previous message

Great - I'm glad to hear you got this to work and thank you for sharing your findings!

Thanks,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Importing metamodels to epsilon program
Next Topic:Native from class in plug-in
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 04:38:05 GMT 2024